Ask
    bracketts5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump
    Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 09:23 PM

I would check contactor or control wiring if not energising, and measure resistance to element.
    You don't have to disconnect, if you have voltage to the element, and draw no current, element is open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heat pump not working properly [ 5 Answers ]

I built a new house 6 months ago and had a co-worker/friend (20ys hvac experience) install my hvac. A goodman GPH15 packaged heat pump 3.5 ton with a honeywell th8320 thermostat. The air worked great in the summer but the heat is not working properly. He has been out many times trying to solve...

Goodman heat pump [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a older home, it has a goodman heat pump, it was cycling a lot and wouldn't shut off. So my room mate and I narrowed down to the thermostat. We replaced it with a hunter programmable one. It is cycling fine shuts off and seems to be working fine. I did call a tech in, he never checked...

Heat Pump But Aux Heat Not Working [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I have a relatively new house (2.5 years) that has an American Standard Heat Pump (2a6b3018-060a1000a). It also has some form of American Standard aux heater (bayhtr?? ) in the air handler. This is controlled by a Panasonic TH8000 thermostat. We have had a long period of cold weather here...

Heat pump heat strip replacement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Heil heat pump package system in N. FL. Last winter it developed a condition called 'dirty sock' syndrome. We had a professional clean the unit and coat the coil with a white teflon-type paint made for this condition. The remainder of the year the unit did not smell and all summer it was...

Goodman AC/heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new goodman AC/heat pump unit got it all installed and wired the inside unit fan runs great but the condensing unit fan and pump will not run after the timer goes off the condensing unit has an electrical hum but it won't start?? any idea what going on ?

View more questions Search