Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TLCTNT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Repair a porcelain crown
    I have had a porcelain crown on tooth #3 for several years. Recently, I had to have a root canal on that tooth.
    The Endodontist put a temporary filling in the tooth after completing the root canal and told me to return to my regular dentist to have the crown "repaired". What does repairing a porcelain crown entail?
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Aug 1, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I don't think a crown can be repaired, I believe you will probably have a new crown put on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary porcelain front crowns [ 4 Answers ]

I am a newbie here. I just had three front porcelain crowns put in a few days ago. I have no idea what temps should feel or look like. They look great but feel like I have buck teeth. Behind the teeth feels like I have a chuck of bread stuck there. When I speak some of the words I pronounce sound...

Cost for refinishing Porcelain bath tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm refinishing an old porcelain bath tub and have received an estimate of $400 for the job to be completed by a professional. I thought that was a bit steep considering the tub is in pretty darn good shape. There are no cracks, no rust stains and no major flaws. It just needs a good cleaning to...

Pain under a crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have a long established crown It has started to give pain The dentist says there may be a cracked tooth underneath With an infection He also says I would lose the tooth if he took off the crown Is there anything I can take to deal with a possible infection?

How to refinish porcelain bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

We have an bathtub that we believe has a porcelain finish... No rust, and not really rough, but will not clean up any more... We would like to refinish it, and have no idea how to go about it... Thanks for your help. TJ

View more questions Search