Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chica0624 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Very smart child
    Hello,

I have been looking to put my 2 year daughter in school come next September. The problem is her birthday is in October so they would want to put her in the 2 year old class when she would be turning 3 in October. She is a very smart girl already and I feel that she would be held back and bored and plus she would way ahead of the other students in 2 year old class.

A few things she does and know:

Potty trained at 1 1/2
    Knows alphabet and can point them out in any word
    Can count to 20
    Can tell you where every state on map is

How do I get her moved up? Any thoughts?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 05:19 PM

There is one thing you must think of. I don't doubt your girl is smart beyond her 2 years old but sometimes they don't excel socially, and this is what kindergarten is for, or prekindergarten. In Ontario now kindergarteners must know the alphabet, be able to write and spell their name and know numbers l to l0.

How is she round other children her own age, is what I am getting at and it has nothing to do with intellect.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 01:13 PM

At two or three, think of it as more learning through play and socializing. The academics will come through some of the activities they may do, some of the books they will read, and some of the songs they will sing. There is much to be said for repetition at such a young age.
    gobe Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2009, 02:07 PM

I think you should let her be a 2 year old and not older. My 2 and 5 month son,
    Potty trained at 1 1/2
    Knows alphabet and can point them out in any word
    Can count to 20
    Plays with passels and speak 2 languages he knows God Knows how many songs in both languages but in this society parents let them kid grow up to fast, everything to early ( I have, 17-and -18 step kids ) Than when they are grow up than they realize everything went to fast by... let her be just a kid if she has a unic talent (hopefully) she will be one of the other one day but don't puss her..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to be smart? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, dear helper I'm a new immigrate to the U.S.A. So I'm still in University right now. At my age--38, I fell exhausted about studying. My memorize is poor, my English is not good enough. Even through I spend a lot of time in studying, the grade still bad. Can you give me any suggestion?...

So, You Think That You Are Really Smart? [ 46 Answers ]

Then, please try saying these two sentences really fast a few times. One smart fellow he felt smart. Two smart fellows they both felt smart. :)

Smart card ain't being smart and letting watch me TV [ 1 Answers ]

Satellite TV. I'm trying to watch TV on FMLY channel(which is the only good channel on my tv) but it says the smart card is not authorized to do yada, yada or whatever. It also says to wait, but how long am I going to wait? And, why isn't it working?

Smart kid. [ 2 Answers ]

Thought I would share... The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term: "Is Hell exothermic [gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof." Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's...

View more questions Search