Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjip Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Filing H1 April 2009, finishing course work in May 2009
    Hi all,

I am finishing my course work in May 2009. I am filing my H1 in April 2009. Can I file my H1 based on masters? What letter and what letter should stat to support my application?
    Please answer me as soon as possible.

I will be thankful to you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 05:42 PM

Hi, ninjip!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I'm assuming that your question has to do with immigration. If it doesn't please do let us know.

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, ninjip!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I'm assuming that your question has to do with immigration. If it doesn't please do let us know.

Thanks!
    Thanks for your concern, My question is definitely related to immigration.
    I am accepting best solution.

Ninji
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 06:13 AM

We do have at least one person here who is particularly skilled at questions that concern immigration, and that would be lawanwadee.

Hopefully, lawanwadee will be along sometime in the near future to address your question.

It's also possible that someone else might come along with the correct information for you.

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    We do have at least one person here who is particularly skilled at questions that concern immigration, and that would be lawanwadee.

Hopefully, lawanwadee will be along sometime in the near future to address your question.

It's also possible that someone else might come along with the correct information for you.

Thanks!
    Hopefuly someone will answer soon.

Thanks,
    Niranjan
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjip View Post
    Hi all,

I am finishing my course work in May 2009. I am filing my H1 in April 2009. Can I file my H1 based on masters? what letter and what letter should stat to support my application?
    Please answer me as soon as possible.

I will be thankful to you.
    By the date your employer submits the application to Department of Labor, you must be graduated. If you are going to submit the application to USCIS in April, you should have approval from DOL by now. You need to submit this DOL approval together with other documents.

Feb 5, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    By the date your employer submits the application to Department of Labor, you must be graduated. If you are going to submit the application to USCIS in April, you should have approval from DOL by now. You need to submit this DOL approval together with other documents.
    Thanks a lot.
    Ninji
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 11, 2009, 01:37 PM

lawanwadee is correct, you need to have completed all requirements for the degree to have it qualify for the LCA. Do you need to file under the Masters exception? Remember, the last few years, the masters numbers went beyond the April 1 that the standard H's filed under. Good luck!

Feb 11, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    lawanwadee is correct, you need to have completed all requirements for the degree to have it qualify for the LCA. do you need to file under the Masters exception? Remember, the last few years, the masters numbers went beyond the April 1 that the standard H's filed under. good luck!
    Thanks a lot.
    Ninji

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing tax on H4 visa in 2009 [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in US for the past 4 years and have files tax jointly with my husband who is on H1 visa.In 2008 we couldn't receive economic stumulus because I didn't have an SSN.My question is... can I file tax next year separately or not file at all to avail the economic stimulus?

About H1 b 2009 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have just gor approval on 24th July for my H1 b pitition. I wanted to know what is the further procedure now?

Ash Wednesday 2009 [ 2 Answers ]

When is Ash Wednesday 2009

In 2009 standard definition TV is eliminated and HDTV will be in. How does this work? [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently heard and have been told that standard definition TV will be eliminated in 2009 and everyone will have to get HDTV. I have a question, how will this work? Will everyone have to get a high def TV to get cable, this is my understanding and will cable companies such as Comcast or...

View more questions Search