Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mehran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2003, 01:36 AM
    Self-sufficiency

Dear Expert,

I'm a 32 year-old male.
    I work for an international trading company.
    I hold a high Scholl diploma and a college certificate (one year program in trades), but due to my efficiency at my work and good experience & knowledge in international commerce, I'm receiving the same salary and ranking a university graduate receives in the company.

However, sometimes I feel bad about myself, why I didn't go university and I'm afraid this may lead to a sense of insufficiency.

Am I right or wrong to feel this way?
    Please help.
    Thank you,
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2003, 09:05 AM
    Re: Self-sufficiency
    Just to make it clear, I am no expert, I'm just giving my advice.

You have no reason to feel that way. You're doing well, and if you're doing as well as you would not going to uni, then there was no need to go. You should be really proud of yourself that you've done so well. You have no reason to feel like that, you've done so well for yourself.

If you do think like this, just remind yourself how well you've done. If you're doing what you want to be doing without going to uni, then that is fine. There is no need to feel regret about not going because you don't need to.
    Tyesmoon Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2004, 10:45 PM
    Re: Self-sufficiency
    It sounds to me like you are pretty self sufficient. Also, you should be proud that you were able to do, out of determination, commitment, intellect, and ability, what most people are only able to do after a college education.
    Now for the real advice, seek some help professionally about yourself esteem, because you must have concerns here, appreciate yourself, and love yourself enough to know you shouldn't down yourself. And if it is in your nature to do so, that is a self esteem issue that should and can be fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search