Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobecar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move
    Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 11:50 AM

Welcome to AMHD. I would think so. Are you speaking of a divorce case? Our law generally does not favor 'prior restraint', such as an order restraining you from moving with your children. But there are domestic relation laws to prohibit a parent from escaping the jurisdiction for one reason or another (don't know what your reason may be). Texas courts may retain jurisdiction of your case, anyway, so your reason for leaving should be legitimate. If you have not received notice of such a restraining order, then you are probably free to leave.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 11:50 AM

Sure, but if your ex files before you establish residency elsewhere you may be required to move the kids back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Ex-wife move with children [ 8 Answers ]

My ex wife and I got divorced in Oct 07 and we have shared custody of our two girls ages 12 and 10. We both have them 50% of the time. I own our marital home and their schools are less than a mile away. She is getting married to a military officer in Jul 08 and claims he may have to move due to...

I want to move to Texas and I am on probation [ 18 Answers ]

I just recently got a DUI in Ohio on October 5,2007. I got put onto probation in November. I am on probation for a year. I wanted to transfer everything to Texas and continue my probation there. I can't find a job or anything here in Ohio. I have a place to stay in Texas and I know it would be a...

Trying to move to Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of 2 daughters. One is my ex husbands, she is now 2 yrs old. I would really love to move to Texas with them. We will be able to start over with our lives and I will have a wonderful job with benefits which I currently do notr have now.. I am a little scared he will try to...

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed [ 3 Answers ]

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed?

Does Texas law require 30 or 60 days notice to move out [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter signed a one year lease due to expire on June 10th. She is moving to another state and gave notice on May 9th, which is 30 days. She was told that her contract said 60 days notice is required, so she would need to pay another 2 month's rent (approximately 1200.00). She has fulfilled...

View more questions Search