Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorraine336 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Title company vs Real Estate Lawyer
    I am about to make a short-sale in Arizona (I'm from New York). Should I close with a lawyer or a title company. In NY we use Real Estate Attorneys. I was told that it's not necessary in Arizona. Will I be fully protected using a title company as well as a lawyer?

Thank you.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 04:12 PM
    A title company will make sure that the transaction is done properly. An attorney will make sure that all of your interests are protected.

If this were a standard sale, and if it is customary to use title companies for closings in Arizona, then I'd say just go with the title company. But since this is a short-sale rather than a standard sale you may want to use an attorney to make sure that you are protected and that you are relieved of all liabilities/responsibilities after the sale is complete. The title company isn't going to make sure that issues between you and the lender are resolved after the closing. The title company is only going to make sure that the closing is complete, the lien is off the property and the title is clear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 07:12 PM

I would agree, you need to be sure that all liens are cleared,

Also be sure and do that title search and purchase title insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly join in real estate properties company and working as a copywriter [ 3 Answers ]

How can I constantly update my brain as a copywriter? Now I am about to contact the investors and developers throughout the world.What is your suggestion for me? I am confused... Help me

Salary for a REgional VP of Real Estate Company [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew what the annual salary might be for a Regional Vice President in the Real Estate Industry? Salary, benefits, retirement, bonuses? Thanks!

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Real Estate Title [ 3 Answers ]

My Mom and I are buying a house and my name will not be on the mortgage but will be on the title, is this a problem?

View more questions Search