Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2003, 03:19 PM
    Wondering what is wrong with me
    Well hi I'm not shure how to start I am 39 and I have no friends.the older people in my life have made it very clear that I am a terible person when I ask them why they have problems with me they tell me they have no problems at all. Well recentley my motherinlaw passed away I was given letters that my step mother wrote her and they were telling how terible of a person I am but gave no explination eather well now I am having nightmares and driving myself crazy trying to figure out what my problem is. Does anyone even know how I would start to fix this problem? Thanks if you can help I would appritieate it a lot
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2003, 03:40 PM
    Re: wondering what is wrong with me
    Is there any possibility that you might just be paranoid and that the problem is with other people rather than yourself?

If the people who put you down have so many bad things to say about you then they should say it to you, not behind your back. The type of people who do such things aren't really worth worrying over.

Can you think of any qualities you have which people may find quite offensive? For example, it can be a good quality such as honesty. I am a very honest person and some people may dislike me because of that, but I'd rather that than they liked me because I lied.

I think you need to have it out with these people who dislike you. Tell them what you just said here. If they cannot give you a reason why they dislike you, maybe they have no reason to and it's time to move on and try to meet some new people.

A good place is to meet people are at local clubs, such as yoga, art... anything that may be of interest to you. Start getting to know new people and I am sure you will find out that there are lots of good things about you.

It is a big possibility you are just being paranoid, so tell yourself you're not a bad person. You know you're not because you havem't done something obviously horrible to make people dislike you. Be sure of yourself, and your ability to make friends.
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2004, 05:37 PM
    Re: wondering what is wrong with me
    I am not sure... but what I suspect is you may have a personality disorder...

Perhaps you are paranoid of being rejected/alone and you try hard (too hard) to make everybody like you... and sadly... when we try too hard to make everyone like us... we are unable to be ourselves... people resent us...

Have you ever felt you "do not know who you are anymore?"

elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2004, 06:44 AM
    Wondering what is wrong with me
    Everyone has felt they don't know who they are, it's part of the process in which you try new things to find out who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering why no sex [ 13 Answers ]

I have been in a gay relationship with a female for three and one half years. My partner doesn't have any "drive" for sex. She is on antidepressants and has gone through menopause. She has gained about 45 pounds. She hates the way she looks, but doesn't seen to do anything about it . She doesn't...

Just Wondering: [ 4 Answers ]

Is Mormonism a philosophy or a religion? HANK ;)

Wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Its strange how there are so many posts about skin whitening on a general skin care forum. I thought I was one of the few people out there obsessed with it! :D

Wondering... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey buddies... there is this girl I've liked for about 2 months now.. we've talked online, and we've seen each other in real life, but never talked with each other, during class today I was doing my work, minding my own business, when I looked at her, at the same time, she was looking at me, we...

View more questions Search