Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mershall86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Whirlpool GST9679PW2 Washer won't spin
    I have a Whirlpool GST9679PW2 washer that won't spin. It stopped in a middle of a cycle. It looked like it had finished, no water in the tub but the clothes were wet. I tried to move the dial to different spin cycles and it wouldn't spin but you could her a humming noise. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Jan 19, 2009, 03:19 PM

It may be the switch. When you open your washer on the right hand side. (that's where mine is) There is a very small slot that have a plastic piece. That piece may not be in place. Use a knife or something to slide it back in place. It worked for me when mine wouldn't spin. I hope it works
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 19, 2009, 05:29 PM

Put some water in and see if it will agitate.
    If it won't agitate, turn it to spin and see if it will pump the water out. If it won't agitate or spin but the motor runs and pumps the water out, the motor drive coupling is pobably broken. If it will agitate but not spin and the motor doesn't run or try to run, it's probably the lid switch. If the motor tries to run in spin but only hums, the pump could be locked up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer will not spin or drain tub. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am presently renting a stackable washer and dryer from AZUM leasing. Every time I need maintenance, I have to stay home all day waiting for someone to show up. I am hoping to find a remedy that I can do myself. My washer tub is full of water. It stops on the spin cycle. If...

Whirlpool Washer Spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer that will not go into final spin. You have to manual turn the tub clockwise about two turns, Re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib, then it will go into final spin. What is the problem or do I need to replace the switch. Thank YOu;

How do I fix a whirlpool washer that will spin but not agitate? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washer about 9-10 years old that will spin in the spin cycle, but will not agitate in the wash cycle. I was told it was probably doggetts and would like to know how to fix it myself.

Whirlpool washer won't spin all the time [ 1 Answers ]

It goes through the wash cycle and won't spin.then at times it goes through the wash cycle and spins just fine.please help

View more questions Search