Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    payday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Unusual cat behavior
    I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly running over to her food dish and then running to the door and wanting out. I let her out and then went over to her to pet her and then she ran off into the woods like she was scared. This happen several hours ago and haven't seen her since. She usually comes when I call her and she never has ran away from me like this. Does this sound like she was in pain or what.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 31, 2006, 01:53 PM
    I take it she is fixed so it can't be a case of being in heat? It does sound like pain to me from here but you have more details-- quality of the meow etc. If it were me, I would be out looking for her knowing all the while in the back of my mind that when a cat doesn't want to be found, they usually aren't. The trouble with animals in pain is they don't understand what is happening to them, so bewilderment mounts and instincts kick in to protect themselves even more. If you find her, I would be running it to a Vet asap. Good luck.
    payday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Well guess what close to dark last night after looking for her all day she came up to us just like nothing was wrong. She ate her food and drank her milk just like her normal behavior , I guess I kind of over reacted. She is my baby and she is always doing things to amaze me. My vet says it might have been that she didn't like the smell or it irritated her a little bit. Thanks for the reply
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 1, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Good to hear your good news, thanks - I am glad all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

Unusual spotting [ 11 Answers ]

I have been spotting since July 1st off and on my period is due this week still hasn't shown up I went to the docs yesterday had a urine test it came up negative I have to go back Friday for a ultra sound and a pelvic exam but I think 12 days of spotting is very odd I have never spotted that long...

Unusual blinking [ 5 Answers ]

Our daughter is 3 and a half years old, and just a couple of weeks ago, she has started to have this unusual blinking. When she blinks sometimes, she really scrunches her eyes, sort of in an exaggerated way, using a lot of facial movement. Could this be her straining to see, or is this the...

Unusual divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am in a very unusual situation, I've currently been separated for almost 8months now and I have a no contact with the wife and the children. The court in the temporary hearing said I was to pay alimony on top of child support but there isn't anything stateing alimony but is being withheld...

Unusual behavior for my daschund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old mini long haired daschund. He usually is very perky, etc. This morning I put him out to go to the bathroom. He wouldn't go - I had to walk him out and stand with him. Then, he's been laying around more than usual and follows me more than usual, sitting between my legs or wants...

View more questions Search