Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Need more motivation
    Last year I started dieting and exercizing more. I became more active, felt better, lost a little bit of weight, about 7 pounds. I then went on vacation, and then got a full time job. All that weight I lost I gained back plus maybe a few more pounds. I have been trying to lose weight again, but it seems that I try then break the rules eating some junk food. Every time I go for a run, its snowing 6 inches. I just need the motivation I had last year... any suggestions?? I weigh about 160 and am 5'6 or 7. I just want to be comfortable with myself, maybe losing 10-15 lbs. Not a crapload of weight, just enough to feel good about myself.. :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 10:20 AM

Give yourself something to work towards, i.e. say, 'if I lose l0 pounds in the next six months I will buy myself a... '. Make it interesting. Are you male or female ?
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Female, the thing is though - I work from 8 am to 5 pm, and it gets dark so quick... I want to lose the weight fast and keep it off
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 04:06 PM

What has time of day got to do with motivation, pie. Motivation takes place 24 hours a day, light or dark, dusk or dawn, rain or shine, snow or sleet. I have jogged in them all and taken off pound after pound and aft er I lose, because I say mmmmthat new dress will look gorgeous on me after this... I jog all the harder. There you go, motivation and a touch of disclipine.
    chrisinuae Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 04:12 AM
    I feel your pain. Am going through the same thing. Was at gym doing really well, had a personal trainer, then went on holidays, bad weather, couldn't get out to do anything, the house I stayed in was under repair or I was moving from city to city and place to place, so, one good thing was my weight didn't go up,but my arms went back to the same ugly flappy arms, and legs I noticed put on weight, waaaaaaah,it's so hard, joined a gym again yesterday,it'snot that great a place but when I think of the hard work I had put in, I don't want to let it all go by the wayside, I was able to do it before, as you were,. u know it works, and THAT should be enough motivation! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fear and motivation [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly does this quote mean? "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I have no motivation! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all- I have a problem. I am an 18 year old female, 5'7", and i weigh 166 pounds. Almost exactly one year ago today I would guess, I weighed around 147 pounds, which means I put on about 19 pounds in one year! I wore a size 5 pants in September, and now I can barely fit into a size 9! I was...

Time and motivation! [ 1 Answers ]

I absolutely ned to drop a few (alot) pounds. I've been told that I do carry my weight well and when I tell people what I weigh or what size pants I wear they are usually shocked. BUT when I look in the mirror I am disgusted with myself. Its been a reallllly long time since I could be naked in...

Motivation [ 2 Answers ]

This question is very similar to the question "How do I motivate someone?" But, at the same time, very different. I've always heard the adage, "Don't try to change your man." My boyfriend, who is also a musician, has trouble motivating himself in every area of his life. I had to take a break...

No Exercise Motivation [ 3 Answers ]

The doctor said it is critical for me to do aerobic exercise 30 min. 7 days a week. I did exercise regularly when I had appointments with a trainer. At that time, I was working on looking & feeling good because I was soon going to celebrate my 50th birthday. After my birthday, I totally lost the...

View more questions Search