Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AHLTD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Licenses - care agency
    I am setting up a care agency in the UK. What licenses do I need?

Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 10:07 AM

What kind of care agency ? For children, seniors, disabled ?

Kind of hard to say what licensing situations are in the UK; probably a lot different then Canada or the US if it is for seniors. I am in the healtchare sector in Ontario and all the best care agencies for seniors are run by well accredited organizations who do this on a Canada wide basis. There is really no opportunity for the 'little guy' to start a business such as this here. Liability insurance payments are out this world and healthcare workers hired have to either RN or PSW, certified positions.

So let us know just what type of care you mean. Are you a doctor, nurse or some type of healthcare individual who would know all the requirements ? Do you intend to be full service, i.e. homcare, shopping for your clients who are shut ins, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a care agency [ 2 Answers ]

Hello is there anyone out there who could give me an idea of how to start a new home care agency and the likely start up costs and how I obtain new clients etc many thanks

Starting a care agency [ 3 Answers ]

How do I gain information on how to start a care agency

Collection Agency Licenses In KY [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Does anyone know if collections agencies need to licensed or bonded in the State of Kentucky? Thanks!

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish a home care agency here in WA. I want to know the step by step process and where to get necessary forms.

View more questions Search