Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1009Wesley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Enamel on a Tub
    I plan to work on a tub for a tenant of mine. He has not taken care of it in any way. The tub is badly stained with little or no enamel left. The splashguard made of fiberglass has been painted and is peeling. There is mold in many spots. I plan to thoroughly clean and scrape all the paint, but I would like some advice on what epoxy enamel to purchase and use. Most major hardware stores have epoxys that will require 4-5 days of no water usage. I cannot displace the tenant for so long. I know that there is an alternative, but I do not know what it is called or where to buy it. I bleive this alternative can be used with only a 36 hour delay before shower use. Advice?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Hi Wesley,

Bath Wizzard has a kit you may be intrested in. You can check it out at: http://www.bathwizard.com/ Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixing an enamel tub [ 3 Answers ]

My mother's tub has a hole rusted through it... its an old rectangular enamel finished tub... might be a steel or cast iron not sure.. I thinks its steel because the hole isn't that deep and I can almost my finger through it... pretty sure cast iron is much stronger... any way to repair this short...

How can I get enamel off heating element [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem here. I left kettle on the electric stove for too long:( All the water boiled out & as a result the enamel from the kettle melted onto the heating element of the stove. Now I have enamel on the heating element. Any idea how I can get it out ? Thank you so much. Your help...

View more questions Search