Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marytab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2004, 10:33 AM
    Anxiety
    Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I get along with everyone. Work well with others, laugh, joke, talk. I have a very dry sense of humor and can usually get people a'rolln'. When I attend church, I feel out of place, so I haven't been in two years. I used to go to bible studies, but I felt so isolated that I stopped going. At first, I'm thinking, major spiritual issues. But.. company picnic... I go.. these people that I get along with so well at work with and all I want to do is leave because I am so uncomfortable. WHAT IS THE DEAL?? I am very lonely for adult relationship, yet here I am at home again. This is not normal. Missed opportunities, like this weekend, leaving me crying by myself. I do participate in some things, but they're getting fewer and fewer as time goes on.?
    Signed,
    Horrified I can't fix this before someone finds out what a freak I really am
    Scorpio848 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2004, 02:01 PM
    Re: anxiety
    Honey, you are not a freak. Sometimes we just don't feel like going and putting on the good person face. Most days I hate people and want to be left alone. Even though I am a good person. But your situation sounds like self esteem issues. Figure out what it is that you do not like about yourself, work through it, and then get over it. And I. personally, do not blame you for not going to church. A bunch of self absorbed A-Holes, I say! Be happy with yourself, and you will be happy anywhere.
    WhenWillIBeLoved Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 13, 2005, 06:59 PM
    See Your Doctor
    When I attend church, I feel out of place, so I haven't been in two years. I used to go to bible studies, but I felt so isolated that I stopped going. At first, I'm thinking, major spiritual issues. But.. company picnic... I go.. these people that I get along with so well at work with and all I want to do is leave because I am so uncomfortable.
    I have an anxiety disorder. I just don't enjoy being around crowds. Do you feel disconnected to large groups of people? Does it make you uncomfortable and you feel all alone? Are you not close to any of these people, or have you had negative experiences with a large number of the people? It sounds like you also exhibit signs of depression. Many people with depression lose interest in activities they use to enjoy. If you are having sleeping troubles, obsession over specific topics, difficulty thinking about anything other than a stressful topic, feeling tense, jittery, dizzy, restless, having appetite fluctuations, or being overly cautious, go see your doctor immediately. This may be a medical condition that needs treatment. It honestly sounds like depression or anxiety to me. Check into it. I hope you feel better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

Anxiety (G.A.D), who is familiar with this. [ 4 Answers ]

25/f. So I've had 'anxiety' for about over 7 Years now. I've been off and on different medications. But over the past 3-4yrs I'm only on Klonopine and I'm just 'winging' myself off it. I'd rather not be on any medications. The severity of my anxiety is what bothers me. Because of the anxiety and/or...

Anxiety Panic [ 4 Answers ]

As many people have said that their symptoms are not voluntary actions and are not intentional but their impulsive. When people are not aware of the panic or anxiety attacks a person has what then should the person who has the disorder do if the other person isn't aware of their disorder?...

Some kind of anxiety in my lab? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just moved to a new place, and our 7 month old lab has started acting a little strangely. She doesn't really act this way when I'm home, but my husband tells me that when I leave she'll run around the house, then go into the room he's in, whine, and back out of the room. And...

View more questions Search