Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sujoyhappy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Save rich text box image to database
    Hi,

I very new to access. What exactly I want is that users will take a screenshot of an application and paste it in the form by possibly an unbound ole object or whatever is suitable or suggested. There are other fields in the form to be filled up. How can I do the same without asking the user to actually save the image in a preferred location. Please help me out as I am in a great fix.

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Sujoy
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2009, 07:32 AM

This is actually complex. Yopu might check with the Techsmith people, makers of Snag-It one of the top screen capture utilities. They may be able to suggest a way to generate a screen capture within Access. But normally if a user is doiung a screen capture, they will be saving the captured image. If you just paste it into a OLE filed within Access this will cause database bloat.
    sujoyhappy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:11 PM

I am using the tool for my office so won't be able to use any other software... sob... What I was doing was to right click and insert the pic... like as in we write... docmd.runsql insert into command text0.value same way what should I use to write the same for Ole objects... space won't be a concern as we do have loads of space to breathe...

Thank you for your time hope my questions don't bug u...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2009, 05:51 PM

Space is a concern for performance reasons, not just storage capacity. Also remember that an Access file can't exceed 2G. Storing images can cause it to quickly reach that limit.

I would strongly recommend that you recommend to the office to get a site license for Snag-It. In either case, you need to educate users on saving images and storing them for a link. What I would do is after they start the record using the recordID as the image file name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Rich Text Trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys! I just bought a new computer, (Vista platform). I keep a extensive data base of both plumbing answers and images that I back up every month or so on a CD. So when I downloaded to CD onto my new hard drive Vista refused to read any rich text documents that I have unless I open them up in...

Save load select text [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 text boxes 2 forms and 3 command buttons When I click the command button I want the text inside the 3 text boxes to save inside a text file (thats in form1) I need to repeat this couple of times so Every time I click command button it saves a new line (like the example...

How to save an image as jpeg without losing its quality [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I need help on how to save an image (as jpg or gif) without losing its Quality. I am using Paint Shop Pro 7 and I tried to blend two images Together after applying the "feather" effect. But once I try to save it as jpg even after applying the lowest Compression for best quality,...

View more questions Search