Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Finding Macbeth
    This is going to make me sound lazy but I have too much to read as is so...
    I was just wondering if anyone knows any good websites or links to a place where I can watch theater performances or more specifically Macbeth aka that scottish play. I want to watch the theater performances because it's way faster than reading the book and more accurate than the movies (unless you know a version that is fairly spot on, tha'd be cool too). I tried YouTube but I could'nt find the whole play.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 04:19 AM

Hi, Gernald!

Have you tried the following search?

Macbeth Online Synopsis - Google Search

Thanks!
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 02:17 PM

Yea, but I wanted to at least feel like I'm doing something if you know what I mean. I've read those too, but in case they left anything out I thought it'd be good to watch it.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 04:48 AM

Most likely, if you read Macbeth in the original, you won't find things that have been left out. If you watch performances of it, there can be many interpretations as far as what's happening, depending on directing and staging. For me, it would be best to read it.

Thanks!
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Most likely, if you read Macbeth in the original, you won't find things that have been left out. If you watch performances of it, there can be many interpretations as far as what's happening, depending on directing and staging. For me, it would be best to read it.
    I ended up listening to an audio version of it that told all the stage directions and the setting and all that good stuff. I would have read it if I had the time, because I really loved listening to it and love most of Shakespeare's other plays; only problem is I've got 18 credit hours worth of reading and don't have the time for a class that I'm taking just because it's required by the school (don't get me wrong I like theater, but I'm a bio major).

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 12:55 AM

I do understand and I'm glad that you got the information that you needed!

I wish for you only the best! :)

Thanks!
    tgraves0113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 06:54 AM

Try this link. I found it very helpful. It's still requires you to do some reading but not as much as you would have to do if you had the book.

http://absoluteshakespeare.com/guide...ary/act_ii.htm
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 09:51 PM
    Thread is dated and is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding someone [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is James Pawlik and I have been looking for an old friend I was in the Navy with I don't remember her ship because we only knew each other in (A) School and after graduation I never saw her again. I was just trying to see how she is and let her know how I am but I can't seem to find a...

What makes Antigone and Macbeth tragic heroes, who is more tragic and why? [ 2 Answers ]

What makes Antigone and Macbeth tragic heroes, and who is more tragic?

Macbeth essay information [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write an essay about what shakespeare reveals about the happiness of certain person in the play macbeth... tnx. . Respond asap..

Meaning of Macbeth Quote [ 1 Answers ]

In Scene 2, Macbeth describes his surroundings by saying. "Light thickens, and the crow/ Makes wing to th' rooky wood." How can these remarks also be seen as a metaphorical commentary on the events of the play?

What do you think causes Macbeth to kill Duncan? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm doing an essay on it and my teacher says that my essay is two dimensional and lacks insight.

View more questions Search