Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stankycat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Toilet drains slow due to cleanout?
    :confused: I have got an issue with a toilet that is draining slow. It seems to have started after I capped a cleanout access upline to the toilet. Is this possilbe?
    I haven't tried to uncap the access, but there is a vent between the cap and the toilet drain.
    It is a new toilet, and before I put the toilet in, I ran a water from a hose down the drain of the toilet, and it seemed just fine, did not back up once.
    Please help me.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2006, 11:41 AM
    "I have got an issue with a toilet that is draining slow. It seems to have started after I capped a cleanout access upline to the toilet. Is this possilbe?"

Yes it is if the toilet's venting out of the cleanout. I question if the new vent's doing its job. Have you checked it? Open up the cleanout and flush thr toilet. If you have a normal flush then the problem's in the venting.
    Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Drains slow [ 24 Answers ]

A few days ago my toilet started draining slow. When I flush, the toilet fills up, and then slowly drains. To get solid matter to go down I have to flush 3-5 times. I first tried a plunger, which did not work. I then tried a closet auger, which did not work. So, I disconnected the toilet and...

New Bathroom, But Tub Drains Slow [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, all. Glad to have found this place as I sure need some answers and help! My wife and I decided the old bathroom needed to be renovated. It was about 20 years old and showed it. The old bathroom was a 3/4 unit, with a toilet and shower stall only, no bathtub. We opted to have the it...

Bathtub drains slow or not at all [ 9 Answers ]

My bathtub has been slow, very slow, on and off for years. Sometimes drain cleaner helps but most times it doesn't. We actually keep a plunger in the bathroom and my daughter now showers on a step stool! After furiously plunging for hours today I finally searched for the source. I found a drum trap...

Toilet Drains Slow in Basement [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. My toilet in the basement will not flush if a moderate amount of water has been used. Example is if me and my significant both take a shower and I do a load of laundry the toilet will not flush. It fills to the rim and then slowly drains. I have had the sewer line cleaned out to...

Shower Drains Slow/bad smell [ 1 Answers ]

I just remodeled my bathroom. I removed the tub/shower and installed a new shower stall only. The new plumbing is built like this: I removed the tub drain and over-flow pipe just above the p-trap and attached a new 24 inch, 2 inch diameter ABS pipe just above the old p-trap, using an elbow. This...

View more questions Search