Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phil trip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Windmill/solar panels
    Can you connect wind gen and solar panels together to the Solar Panel Charge Regulator?

Thank you.:D
    Hjacobsen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 03:31 PM

What are the different Utility Rates aound the World at the most current date?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 26, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phil trip View Post
    Can you connect wind gen and solar panels together to the Solar Panel Charge Regulator??thank you.:D
    Your wind generator most probably provides AC power, but can provide DC via a rectifier unit.
    Solar panels always provide DC power.
    As output power of both units vary with the strength of windspeed and sunlight, it is important to know how your present electric system operates.
    What do you mean with Solar Panel Charge Regulator ? Do you use this to power a battery bank? Is there a DC-AC converter connected to the battery bank?
    It may be required to use for each power source an own Charge Regulator System to feed the battery bank. This would ensure that both sources can feed under all weather conditions.

Depending on your answers I can make further suggestions.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 07:30 PM

Check out Xantrex Technology Inc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I run my air conditioner with solar panels [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all! I live in sunny Puerto Rico and I am interested in installing solar (photovoltaic) panels to run the house; however, no one is able to tell me how to operate our a/c. I understand the issue with the high energy demand when the compressor kicks in, but how do I overcome it? With...

Solar panels [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been discussing putting in solar panels. He wanted me to get online and see what I could find out. I need a solar panels for dummies or something. Any help would be grateful cause I really don't know where to start. There is so much out there that it is overwhelming.

Building solar panels [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this is the best area to ask this... I want to learn how to build my own small solar panels. I seem to recall running across a plan to do so in a magazine a few years ago, but cannot for the life of me remember where I read it. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm wanting to build...

Solar Heating Panels [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the most efficencent heat raiser, Black screen?

View more questions Search