Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boroko Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 11:20 AM

Technician came in. He is here and said the control panel (motherboard) needs to be replaced and pressure switch (like I told him).
    I don't understand if there is any reason to replace the board ? Could be burned by my jumper on switch like you told me ?
    Fat pig wants to rip me off on $150 :/
    Went back to supply warehouse to find exact model numer of the switch (have tried 2 different ones and still doesn't go on... )
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
    I just went by the number of flashes you posted and the legend for your furnace. Jumping does not hurt circuit boards of components as long as it was done properly.
    Sometimes other components/sections are defective besides what the flash indicates but not often.

Feb 9, 2009, 06:50 PM

Hi, sorry for a break with infos.
    Technician just replaced my pressure switch, he changed some sensor which goes straight into the duct (two long legs and sensor on the end).
    He also mentioned that chimney liner needs to be done. Probably I have furnace duct connected into brick chimney without liner inside. He said it may cause later problems with the furnace.

Feb 9, 2009, 06:54 PM
    I figured it was the pressure switch but the sensor I had no idea. Better git the chimney fixed pronto. Good luck.

Feb 9, 2009, 06:57 PM

You have helped me a lot - I'm going to rate you right now :)

Feb 9, 2009, 07:00 PM
    It is amazing how this user can be helpful. Thank you very much.

Feb 10, 2009, 01:16 PM

Could you tell me how much would cost installation of new furnace liner inside the chimney and connect it ?
    Basement, first floor, second floor, roof.
    About 25 feet.

Feb 10, 2009, 06:21 PM
    I am sorry but I would not even want to guess, The material cost and labor is all set locally so the prices will be different all over the country. Sorry. Get at least 2 estimates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne M1MB furnace will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am hoping someone could help me on this site. It looks to be very friendly and helpful! I have a Nordyne M1MB gas furnace that blinks twice which means the pressure switch is stuck open with the inducer blower on. This is about all the information I can find so far. I am wondering...

Nordyne furnace not igniting [ 3 Answers ]

Can a problem with natural gas pressure cause furnace problems? I have a Nordyne that since the city had a pressure problem does not ignite- no heat! Furnace repair man says that it is the sensor. Can this be caused by low gas pressure? Troube board on the furnace flashes 4 times indicating low...

Nordyne furnace trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne furnace, and the furnace got stuck in it's cycle. The vent blower would come on and that's it, so I had the circuit board replaced. Now, the a/c works but the furnace cycle won't even start. The light on the board just blinks twice. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Nordyne e2 electric furnace with ac [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have an nordyne e23h012hn electric furnace, the control board is burnt and evaporator fan will not come on, replaced board and it burnt up to. The circuit on the board that burnt is the common line voltage to the fan, could it be the fan motor shorted causing this problem . Thanks chris ...

Nordyne heater fan not working right [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age. The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01 Forced air and natural gas heater. The problem is with the fan I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on. Once the burner heats up the fan turns on, The fan...

View more questions Search