Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 18, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Framing a large bathroom mirror
    In my bathroom is a large glass mirror above the sink. I's say maybe 48x60 inches.
    I would like to build a frame around it and I do not want to take it down. I know I'd need to get molding at the home improvement store, miter the corners, and paint pryer to hanging.

What I am not sure of is how to attach the strips to the glass and how to accommodate for those little plastic clips that secure the mirror to the wall. Anybody know?
    nike 1 Posts: 167, Reputation: 16
    -

Jan 18, 2009, 05:52 PM
    I would measure the location of the clips, mark that on the back of the trim molding you are using, and notch the size of the clips out. To attach you may be able to find a clear adhesive if you are attaching the frame to the mirror itself. Otherwise, frame out around the mirror and attach to the wall. Hope this has been of some help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Large bathroom mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I recently had a large bespoke mirror fitted on my bathroom wall. The mirror is surrounded by tiles. As it was supposed to be made to measure I was unhappy with the gap between the mirror and the tiles - about 8mm - 10mm. The local shop who supplied and fitted the mirror sent someone...

Cracked Bathroom Mirror [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large bathroom mirror----6 foot long and 3 ft 2 inch high. There are four screws in each corner to help hold the mirror. Each screw is surrounded with by a small scalloped circle. The previous tenants evidently screwed the lower left screw to tightly and there is a crack 21 inches long...

Installing a lighted mirror in my bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a mirror in a bathroom with a lighted mirror. When I removed the previous mirror there were 3 wires hanging there. 2 seem to be white and 1 black. The black is hot and when I put a meter on either white and the black I see 118V. The meter does not indicate a short between the 2 white...

Bathroom mirror on tiles with borders [ 1 Answers ]

If you can see in the picture attached to this email, There is a picture of a bathroom, this is how my tiles are set up. There are 2 borders that stick out of the wall, the top one sticks out further than the other. In the second picture attached, there is a mirror from a shop. (the middle...

Mirror tiles in a bathroom [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Experts I am planning to mirror tile the walls around the bath/shower area in my bathroom. I will probably use 30cm sq mirror tiles from Ikea. These come with s/a pads which I assume will not be up to the job in a bathroom. I found from searching this forum that there is a product...

View more questions Search