Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asdfyui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 05:15 PM
    Post Depo Provera
    Hi- I looked through the other posts and nothing really answered my question. I was on Depo Provera from September 2005 through May 2006. Since the time I left Depo this past May, I've had a brown discharge. The discharge has been consistent throughout these past three or so months, and I've had to wear tampons constantly. I tried to find an answer to this online but wasn't successful. I want to go on another birth control (I'm looking at the Nuva ring), but want this to clear up before I try anything new. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2006, 05:22 PM
    The Depo shot can possibly cause this kind of reaction, however, it is best you go to your gyno to be sure nothing else is wrong.

You need to be careful wearing tampons, changing hourly, to make sure you do not get toxic shock.

The Nuve Ring is so new, I would be really cautious about it. Many new BC methods lately have come out with very bad side-effects. It would be best to talk to your gyno about it and also the pharmacist. The pharmacist knows more about drugs than most doctors. Doctors prescribe according to their drug reps, but the pharmacist knows about the chemical make-up of drugs.

Get both opinions prior to making a decision.

And, this could be a side-effect due to the length of time you were on Depo, this is not unusual.
    pimpmomma Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 02:20 PM
    I really wouldn't worry about the brown discharge it is just blood almost like a old blood here soon you will have bright red blood it's all just a process and the nuva ring I have herd is good but it's really not meant for what you would call ruff sex it has been known to slip out or bundle up so if you have sex often I would not use the nuva ring

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Depo [ 5 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for 6 months and missed my last shot. Its been a month and I still haven't gotten my period.How long until I get my period again? Should I be taking a pregnancy test?

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search