Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Carrier weathermaker sxi won't start up
    I whave a weathermaker sxi and the problem is the furnace will not start at all it when I power it up I get a green light for 15 sec and then a yellow light and then they both go out and then nothing the stat is set for heat is there a reset button in this furnace
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Do the lights blink after the initial power-up? The unit has a lot of self-diagnostic capability, and if the lights aren't blinking after a minute or so, the trouble may be in the thermostat. Try this: turn off power to system, disconnect "R" and "W" wires from thermostat and connect them together, and power system back up. Does the heating operate this way? If so, replace thermostat.

Jan 18, 2009, 12:00 PM

The stat is fine it was checked with a ohm meter

Jan 18, 2009, 12:02 PM
    When powered up the green light comes on for 15 to 39 secs and then the yellowlight turns on and then they both shut off at the same time and nothing starts
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Do the lights blink after the initial power-up? The unit has a lot of self-diagnostic capability, and if the lights aren't blinking after a minute or so, the trouble may be in the thermostat. Try this: turn off power to system, disconnect "R" and "W" wires from thermostat and connect them together, and power system back up. Does the heating operate this way? If so, replace thermostat.
    Did you try this? Also check the low voltage wiring connections at the furnace control board. Do you have a condensate pump? Check for an overfilled reservoir and/or overflow switch circuit activated.

Jan 18, 2009, 12:37 PM

Checked the wiring conections seem to be fine reservoir is OK the ser# is 58sxbo60cc
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 12:43 PM
    I know you ohmed the thermostat, but DID YOU JUMPER R-W? The reservoir is OK... ok, pour some water into the pump to assure it is working. It doesn't have to actually overflow to activate cut-off circuit. No offense, but I sense some "assumptions" on your part.

Jan 18, 2009, 12:54 PM

I took a wire and so called hot wired the furnace so the r & w are hooked together with a wire at the furnace I will try the water trick in a bit

Jan 20, 2009, 05:02 PM

I took the board off the furnace and checked the water res it has no water in it
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Did you observe the status lights long enough for a fault display to develop? Something truly unusual is going on here...

Jan 20, 2009, 09:22 PM

The status lights do not develop when I power it up the green light lights up for about 30 secs and then when the green light is on the yellow one lights up for a sec and then they both go out. This unit does not have a pump nor does it have an overflow cutoff the only thing that there is on the bottem of the burner there is a 1/2 inch hose that goes to the resivwar and a3/8 inch hose that goes to the exaust that is above and a 1/4 hose that goes to the back of 2 round switches that are obout 3 inches across. The resivwar has no wires leading to it
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 09:49 PM

Did you wire R and W together at the furnace or the thermosat?

Jan 21, 2009, 05:07 PM

Yes

Jan 21, 2009, 05:10 PM

Now when I power the unit up I get the green light and then the yellow one then both off but if I unplug the rectangle shaped plug has a lot of wires on it the furnace will do a code of 33 and the fan will run

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Carrier Weathermaker 8000, Last night when we went to bed, everything was fine, this morning when we woke up it was a chilly 61 degrees in our home. Our neighbor came over to try and fix the problem, but, now we can't get the heater to come on at all, before while...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 7 Answers ]

Says aux heat is on but blower doesn't come on.Why?

Carrier weathermaker no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker gas furance model 58vua060-gg have a code 33 says on back of door low heat the main blower runs nothing else need help

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions? Thanks, lankford3

Carrier weathermaker furnace [ 2 Answers ]

The inducer runs all the time even when on a/c. I need some help!

View more questions Search