Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragon43052 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Heat pump not heating
    I have a tempstar heat pump It uses both gas and electricity to heat and cool. I put a new Honywell thermosta RTH6300B on the unit, now I don't get any hot air only cold. This I a four wire unit, red, white yellow and green. Anyone know why it won't heat, was working before but fan did not work that is why I put on new thermostat now fan works but no heat thanks for all the help
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jan 19, 2009, 07:21 AM

What's the old thermostat make/model and what wire colors were hooked to what terminal labels on it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump not heating properly [ 6 Answers ]

My Carrier heat pump is not working properly. The air flow coming out the vents is drastically lower than it normally is. The maximum room temperature achivable is 65 degrees when the outside temperature is 20 degrees even when the auxiliary heat is on and with constant running. The air filters...

Heat pump is cooling but not heating [ 5 Answers ]

I've noticed since winter has started my heat pump is not acting correctly. I have troubleshot the problem and cooling is indeed working fine. Although, when you switch to heating, the outside unit engages but the temperature at the register never rises above room temp. When you set it on...

Heating & Air conditioning: Heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How heat pump work on HVAC system ? Thanks

Heat pump not cooling or heating properly [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my Rheem heat pump. The indoor unit seems to be fine and the blower motor is running. The outside unit seems to be the problem. The fan only runs part of the time sometimes not kicking on at all other time kicking on for several minutes then kicking off before the temp is...

Heat Pump not heating house -fan is running [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Ruud heat pump that is 12-13years old & as of the last few days, it does not seem to be heating the house very well but it has been very cold for this part of the country. It works well when the outside temp is above 50 degrees. It has been in the upper 30's and low 40's. We put on the...

View more questions Search