Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2009, 05:02 AM
    New earth
    Some here have said that THIS earth is done away with because of the verses that speak of a new heaven and a new earth. I was wondering do you believe the earth is done away with before the millennium?
    If so would that mean the millennium is on the new earth that God creates?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Some here have said that THIS earth is done away with because of the verses that speak of a new heaven and a new earth. I was wondering do you believe the earth is done away with before the millennium?
    If so would that mean the millennium is on the new earth that God creates?
    I do believe in a new heaven and a new earth:

Rev 21:1-4
    21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
    NKJV

According to the Book of Revelation, this occurs after the millennium. This is described in the previous chapter where the events at the end of the millsnnium are described:

Rev 20:7-10
    7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
    NKJV

And notice - this new Jerusalem on the new earth where those who are saved will live has no sun, or need of one:

Rev 21:23
    23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
    NKJV
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 18, 2009, 03:53 PM

I think a "new earth" is what happens to each of us when we reach a new and better state of consciousness. It's a metaphor.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 06:14 AM

Thanks
    I am looking more for WHEN and HOW people that believe in a literal new earth see it happening,
    I believe for it to be a literal new earth it would have to be AFTER the millennium but the ones that believe in a literal new earth seem to believe the earth is destroyed in the tribulation. That is more what I am wondering about.
    I agree with you two that it is either after the millennium and that it is more of a figurative thing meaning a better/different state of life/consciousness.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 07:57 AM

It can be very confusing. On one hand, when Jesus returns to the earth to judge ALL mankind, there will be great earthquakes and the earth will be almost totally destroyed. He will come and judge the world. After that he will establish a new heaven and earth. On the other hand, after the thousand year millennium and satan is released for one last battle, and finally cast into the lake of fire for all eternity is the new earth established. Personally it does not really matter to me at that point. As a child of the one true living God he can do what he wants and I will simply be happy that he choose me to be one of his children and that I accepted his offer.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 25, 2009, 11:22 PM

In 2 Peter 3:6,10-13
    Peter talks about the old earth being destroyed by water and the new earth being destroyed by fire. It was the same earth before and after the flood but totally changed.
    Rev 21:1-5 talks about the new heaven and new earth to come. Like the time of the flood, it will be the same earth but totally changed.
    How do I know this?
    Because God does NOT say, "Behold I am making all new things." God DOES say, "Behold, I am making all things new."
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 10:24 AM

Homesell that is exactly how I see it.
    But many people say the earth will be totally destroyed. From the way I figure it, they say we live on the earth for the millennium so how would it be totally destroyed by man to extinct as they claim is what puzzles me.

Thanks
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 03:41 AM

This is the command to satan in which he will not be permitted to destroy..

Revelation 9:4
    And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

In (Revelation 9:12) it speaks of the 3 Woes to take place during the 5 month period that satan will have as the anti-christ on earth. The fact remains " if " you have knowledge of the WORD of God which is reference as the little book that you were told (eat/digested). Then the seal of God is in your forehead because you are aware of the seals foretold of, and anti-christ can't touch you. The seals do speak of satan's return and all that takes place. You can't be fooled! You can't be touched!

It is written that the Lamb will come with HIS angels to reap the earth of it's evil.. (The harvest time Revelation 14:15)... And the (death/satan) and hell will be cast in to the lake of fire.

In (Revelation 20:13) will tell you that the (dead/ in Christ) were given up out of death and hell of them...

1. The sea are people of sin, evil, wickedness ...
    2. The dead are baptism dead in Christ...
    3. death is satan who can not hurt those dead in Christ..

There will be no more sea in the new eath and new heaven because the sea of evil people were burnt up (Rev. 20:15) (Revel 21:1)
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I think a "new earth" is what happens to each of us when we reach a new and better state of consciousness. It's a metaphor.
    The "new nature" of man is the better state of consciousness. In scripture it is spoken of as "new man" (Col 3:10) ( Eph 4:24)

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Scripture says:
    My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Noted that quicken is the metaphor, of seeds quickened into life, germinating, springing up, growing

In (Acts 10:42) the word quick means living water, having vital power in itself and exerting the same upon the soul. The metaphor to be in full vigour, to be fresh, strong, efficient, as adj. active, powerful, efficacious

In (Eph 4:13) it references to man being a "perfect man" with a "fulness of measure in Christ" ... And we don't all come to that fullness of measure unless God is willing, nor boast of our measures.(2 Cr 10:12)
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:13 AM

Yeah but what does any of that have to do with the physical state of the earth being after end times or after the millennium?
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 27, 2009, 06:39 AM
    yeah but what does any of that have to do with the physical state of the earth being after end times or after the millenium?
    Nobody knows when, if, or how this planet called earth will cease to exist . Not only do we not know, we have no control so why even worry about it. What will be , will be. That is part of living "a new earth". You live in the present and give that present moment your all.
    Animals and plants have mastered this skill. Think about the phrase in the bible about "the lilies of the field". I don't know the exact words but it talks about how they don't toil, or worry. Basically, they live in the moment.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:43 AM

I ask because I enjoy studying end times stuff and different beliefs and so on. Not that I am worried about it but I enjoy it just like some people enjoy discussing when did the dinosaurs live or when where the pyramids built.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
    yeah but what does any of that have to do with the physical state of the earth being after end times or after the millenium?
    (Revelation 5:1) tells us that on the back side of the little book is the seven seals.. These seals tell us how to be watchful servants. (Revelation 6:1) it tells us the lamb opened the seal which Christ did by (foretold) us the seal..

#one seal
    Anti-christ comes as 666 = proclaiming to be the lamb (Revelation 6:2) is satan on a whilte horse=appearance of snow white)(and a bow= meaning toxan= clothing of dirt in flesh of the earth) (crown to conquer= meaning to beguile us, offering his mark of the breast)

satan will be here on earth 5 months unable to touch those with the seal of God in their forehead. They who have the seal of God are those who have read what is in the little book (bible) The trumps are the execution of what will happen such as satan is the star called wormwood that fell from the sky = fell into the (waters/people) and made them bitter = those who did not read the little book or believe.

Christ returns as it is said, as the bright light (spirtually brighter then anything we have ever seen) and we will understand that it is HIM because the signs are seen which He foretold us. Christ will do battle on The Lord's Day, with anti-christ, and lock satan up for the millenium teaching (The Lords Day= one day with the LORD is a thousand years)

There after satan is released again and those who follow will see the second death as it is stated. The days are numbered...

The new heavens and earth are after all that has been told in the seals and trumps of execution, and after the millenium 1000 year teaching. People should study the seals, the trumps, the woes, and the signs.. The information of God's plan is huge, and complete. His love is great!
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 08:09 AM

I understand all that
    My question is with people who believe the earth is totally done away with in a nuclear bombing or whatever where does the new earth and the millennium fit in their belief and their belief on the new earth.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:20 AM
    I understand all that
    my question is with people who believe the earth is totally done away with in a nuclear bombing or whatever where does the new earth and the millenium fit in their belief and their belief on the new earth.
    Nohelp4u, Obviously it is not me you wish to speak with, because I don't believe that at all...

Quote: I was wondering do you believe the earth is done away with before the millennium? NO

QUOTE:If so would that mean the millennium is on the new earth that God creates?NO

I don't find destruction of earth, I find that scripture is clear in destruction of false teaching, false temples, and the wrath of God will go against wickness, evil, sin, and disobedience. As Col 3:3-4 says we that are (dead/baptized) and our life is hid with Christ, will glory with HIM on HIS return.

(Perhaps their minds think the earth will shake on the sixth seal as an earthquake, and fall to distruction) And the stars of heaven fall, the sun turns black, and the moon blood, when Christ returns. This is taught by some as destruction of the earth and they teach how they will be raptured out from it all..

I don't find man's doctrine in this belief to be true. It's a part of false teaching in which God is against. We are to acknowledge those signs of the sun, stars, and moon ... And it gives reasons to HIS brightness being the light that all will see, among the darkness, with the battle of satan.

The same as satan has the signs of a third of each when he is here on earth as anti-christ.

Sorry if I have interrupted your thread with what is written.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:47 PM
    I think I have to agree with Donn and Jeff.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What on earth do I say? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been going out with my boyfriend for awhile now and he thinks its time for me to meet his daughters,there 11 and 12 years old.I have no idea what to say to them.they don't know we are going out . This is not a big thing to him but it is to me,it means a lot to me I know not to try to hard...

A New Earth - What do you think? [ 19 Answers ]

For those of you that are following Oprah and Eckhart Tolle's , A New Earth what you think about it. Personally, I love it. Long ago, I knew that organized religion was not for me. It seem to come down to someone or something (Bible) dictating what you are to believe. Belief is something...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

About earth. [ 1 Answers ]

Why people will be thrown eastwards it earth stops rotating... and why people at equator will suffer the worst?

About earth [ 1 Answers ]

Wat if earth stops rotating? Give detailed explanation...

View more questions Search