Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welshlew0203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 04:40 AM
    How to get contact with my daughter
    I have a daughter who is 6 we had minimal contact from when she was born to when she was three due to breakdowns in the relationship between me and the mother from before she was born I was there when she was born but the next day in the hospital was not allowed to see her I went through solicitors to see her when she was a bit older and went through mediation with the mother and everything was going fine I was seeing my daughter for a couple of hours every other Saturday which was great for me then all of a sudden for no real reason the mother said she wanted my daughter to have a six week break from contact because she got upset! Why? I never found out she said that she would sort out another appointment with the mediation service to arrange something at a later date she is now six and due to me having 2 more children I made the mistake of putting off retrying for contact mainly because of the fear it would break down again and rejection. I now want to take all the necessary steps to regain my contact with my daughter so to have a relationship with her and not miss out on any more of her life.
    I am just asking whether there are any steps or advice anyone can give me to proceed through proper channels to do this, I don't have parental responsibility and know that the mother won't come to any ammicable agreement as she is so stubborn what can I do legally without needing the permission of the mother for certain orders such as these.

Thanks.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 05:55 AM

You go to court and file for paternity and visitation. They will have you take a DNA test (if they need to) and then grant you visitation, which she cannot "just decide" not to let you have unless she is interested in "just deciding" to go to jail.
    welshlew0203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 07:09 AM

Thanks for your answer will get to solicitor asap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-husband wants to cut off contact with daughter by paying lum sum [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I were divorced 3 years ago. I and my 5-year old daughter live in California while he lives in New York. He works on Wall Street and has good income. He's been paying child support and probably visit her one hour once a year. There were very few contacts between us. There were...

Daughter has limited contact with me [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter who is 37 and I were like best friends for years. We would shop, eat and talk on the phone for hours. I took care of her children and did as much as possible for her. Then this year it all ended. She didn't call, or answer my calls. During a fight with my husband he said that my...

First Contact with my Daughter in 5yrs. [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't known the wherabouts of my daughter for five years. I finally have her address and phone number, and I am so nervous about contacting her. Should I write her or call her, and if she is angry, how do we get past that? I have three more daughters who I am very close with, but my oldest is...

No contact with daughter and grandchild for 3 years [ 2 Answers ]

I am divorced mum of three now grown up children. My relationship with my girls has always been good, that was until my eldest girl who has a little boy, whom I adore, had a row with my youngest daughter over clothes. My youngest daughter is the only one now living at home with me. It ended up...

How do I take my daughter out of the country if her father and I have no contact what [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I have a 2 yr old daughter. Her biological father has never been involved at all he was at her birth and his name is on the birth certificate and she has his last name, but we split up 6 weeks after she was born. He's never giving me child support or anything. To her, her...

View more questions Search