Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Correct email set up between iPhone and Thunderbird
    I have Google email address. All my emails go to my laptop. Then I got new iPhone. Now, my iPhone receives my emails while I am on the road. I read my emails and delete them from iPhone - thinking, its copy will be on my laptop. Get to my office, open my laptop - there are no copies of those deleted emails in my mailbox. Messages are gone forever.

Can any one of you advice me as to how to set up my iPhone / or Thunderbird / so I don't loose any more of my messages ?

Thanks !
    Milo Dolezal
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2009, 02:35 AM
    Yeah I know exactly what you are saying here.

OK you need to check the gmail settings, on the POP and forwarding tab.
    It's the POP download option.
    If you are using multiple clients to access it set option 2 to Keep copy in inbox.
    Also in T'bird change your settings to keep copy on server until you delete it.

This should do the trick.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 07:39 PM

I check and re-checked all my setting. All seems to be OK (... at least to me.. ) - but problem persists. I am enclosing Grap Pic of my T-bird setting and Gmail settings. Can you take a look at it and let me know if that's set up the way it should be ? Thanks ! Milo
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Mozilla Thunderbird [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was using MS office 2003 till now But due to security reason I need to switch to open office & mozilla thunderbird Now I have few question regarding mozilla thunderbird: - How can we add signature - Can we import rules from Ms outlook Reply

Thunderbird puzzle [ 2 Answers ]

I received an email on Thunderbird with an URL for a Flicker Photo Album. But it will not open. I forwarded it to my other computer also with Thunderbird and it opened straight away. I can not find the reason why it will not open on the first computer. Does anybody know the answer to this problem...

Thunderbird as Email client for all mails [ 2 Answers ]

I have email accounts of rediffmail, hotmail, MyRealBox (NoveL). I would like to use Thunderbird as my Email client to receive mails from all accounts. Ramanathan a r

View more questions Search