Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jettvo1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Oven temperature fluctuates both up and down
    Kenmore Oven Model# 790.95889300
    We set it on preheat to 400 degrees, when it beeps, the inside gauge we put in indicates actual temperature is 300 degrees, so then set it at 475, and it then reads internal temp at 375-400, then we put the food in, and can't leave it set at 475, because it starts rising on it's own and gets too hot, it will vary and go up to 410 and up to 450 degrees on it's own. What should I start with replacing?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 17, 2009, 09:11 PM

The temperature control is most likely failing or just out of calibration. I have calibrated many commercial ovens but never a residential unit.

Jan 17, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Thank you, is there a temperature control part that I would buy?

Jan 17, 2009, 11:18 PM

Check with an appliance repair shop or on-line as to your specific manufacturer. Please note that while I do repair commercial equipment I do not work on residential. I base my answer to your question on my commercial experience.

Jan 17, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Okay, thank you for your help.

Jan 17, 2009, 11:27 PM

No worries. Hope you get it dialed in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open my oven my locked oven door [ 3 Answers ]

How can I open my locked oven door?

Use oven self clean on kenmore oven [ 1 Answers ]

I have misplaced my owner manual. How is the self cleaning option used on a Kenmore built-in oven/microwave combination?

Temperature gauge fluctuates [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 98 GMC truck. My problem is real simple to describe. When I start the truck up from cold, the temp gauge moves up like it should. But it goes to 210 degrees, and then comes back down to 160 degrees and stays there. What would cause this initial rise to 210 before settling on 160? ...

Outside Temperature and Indoor Water Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

I just have a general plumbing question. I live in a 4 year old luxury apartment building downtown and we have had an issue with our water temperature for the past month. (there is no cold/cool water... it is all hot - out of all the faucets). The building management is trying to say that this is...

View more questions Search