Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SunnyMoonWing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Office manager is trying to get me fired
    The office manager wants me out. A fellow employee told a fill in supervisor that the office manager is trying to get me to quit. The office manager denies requests I put in for new parts, she denies me help when I need to move large items, she told clients to write in about my job performance and say that I'm doing a bad job. I now have a supervisor and we had a meeting where the new super said the office was starting on a clean sleight, the very next day I am written up for a bad attitude, and letters from clients saying my job performance isn't up to par. If I go to human Resources they will tell the Office manager and she will further make my life a living hell. What can I do? I do my job, I am good at it, this woman just doesn't like me and wants me out.
    nike 1 Posts: 167, Reputation: 16
    -

Jan 17, 2009, 02:27 PM
    You need to confront the office manager head on. Request a meeting with her in private. But remain tactful and professional the whole time. It might even be a good idea to write the things you want to address on your own time before hand so you will be prepared. Do not let it ride and think it may blow over because it will not and you might wish you had given this a shot when it's just too late. It's an awful shame, but sometimes you get a co-worker or boss that just seems to have an unreasonable problem with a particular person. A lot of the time it's due to them being intimidated by you, a form of jealousy, which is so pathetic! Best wishes to solving this problem and retaining your job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office Manager Trucking Industry Duties [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to the Trucking Office Manager position and would apreciate any pointers on the daily duties that are common to most industries or specifically to the trucking industry. :) Can anyone lead me in the right direction?:D

Can you be fired for having chron's disease? I am afraid I am going to be fired, [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked for a company for 18 years. I was diagnosed with Chron's Disease 5 years ago and sometimes I get really sick and have to be hospitilized and now they think I should be fired and it really gets me. Is that lawful?? :mad:

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

View more questions Search