Ask
    kaseycounty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Hot or cold?
    What freezes faster, hot or cold water?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:08 AM

I did this test years ago to settle a bet. Cold water freezes l0 to l5 times faster then warm/hot water. I think it has something to do with the condensation around the hot water that keeps it from freezing quickly.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 01:52 PM

Of course, cold water will freeze faster than hot water. During freezing the temperature of the water is getting lower. If the temperature is already lower, it will freeze sooner.
    mslmn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Cold Water Indeed.. Firstly, hot gets cold and then freezes. Hence for hot water, it takes 2 processes and for cold one.. with Time favourin the cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why cold air blows out of cold air return when furnace is on [ 1 Answers ]

Why does cold air blow out of the cold air return when the furance is on?

Cold and drafty from ceiling mounted cold air return [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a adobe style home built in 2000 with a Single Roof Mounted combined HVAC system in the Albuquerque New Mexico Area. Directly below the HVAC is the only cold air return duct work located in the ceiling of the Hallway on one end of the Home. A single Thermostat for the entire...

Cold Snowblower great, cold dies [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old Tech engine snowblower and it starts great and everything , but recently it has started acting-up it lacks power and dies when warmed-up please help:confused:

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

View more questions Search