Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmdmgeorge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Tile floor drain in a new shower
    I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as far as I know what to do. How do I build the floor so that it drains to the drain properly and not leak?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Hey George,

You will start by installing a PVC Flange Type Shower Flange,(see image).
    Next you will have to measure out the shower floor and purchase enough Blue Compaseal Plastic to cover the floor and eight inches up on all sides for a lip. Next you will remove the top part of the flange and pan out the shower floor folding the corners in with no seams and tack up the lips to the stud wall. And last you will clamp the top half of the shower flange down.
    This is as far as the plumber goes in installing a shower floor. From here on the tile man takes over. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile floor shower drain leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 65 year-old Spanish style house and I have a Tile floor shower drain leaking problem. When I apply silicon around the connection of drain and tile, it temporally stop the leak, however. A couple of weeks later, it leaks again. Any advise or recommendation of a handyman will be greatly...

First Floor Shower Tile Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It...

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

View more questions Search