Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitch75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Honeywell Thermostat Installation RTH3100C
    I'm installing a Honeywell thermostat RTH3100C the problem I'm having is the wires. I have red, green, orange, 2tan,blue, and a brown. Ok this is the letter they where on on the old themostat RED=R, GREEN=G, ORANGE=O, Tan1=W2, Blue=C, TAN2=E, BROWN=L. the thermostat has them.heat to. Need help fast cold... my email [email protected]
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Original thermostat brand and EXACT model number. I will say you picked the wrong time to change the thermostat since it is cold outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my old mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C digital. My heatpump is an older Rheem. My wires are RED,YELLOW,GREEN, WHITE AND WHITE1. I connected the red,green,yellow to their respective terminals. I don't know what to do with the White1. The blower comes on and with the White...

Wiring Honeywell thermostat T8411r to RTH3100C [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. If you have an answer or even a suggestion, to my problem please let me know. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I am replacing a bad Honeywell (T8411r) thermostat. The LED lights went out and I could no longer see to adjust the temp. The HVAC unit worked...

Thermostat wiring Honeywell rth3100c [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Weathertron Thermostat Model # baystat239 and try to convert to Honeywell RTH3100c. Connecting to weathertron thermostat currently are x2-black o-orange g-green y-yellow t-brown r-red w-white

A different Honeywell RTH3100C installation question - W2 wire? [ 1 Answers ]

"What to do with the W2 (and maybe W1) wire?" I am replacing an old Payne thermostat that controlled a heat pump system which provides heating and cooling, along with "emergency heat". The new unit is a Honeywell RTH3100C. I labeled all the wires as I removed the wires that were attached to...

View more questions Search