Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sryman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Blonde highlights with dark brown hair
    I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 30, 2006, 10:59 PM
    You can try using Prell to fade the color. If the Prell doesn't work, I recommend using a clarifying shampoo to help strip away build-up on the hair, which should make hair color fade more faster. Too much shampooing can dry out your hair, be sure to condition it.
    dcchick123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Couldn't she try a toner for the highlights?
    lilpheb9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sryman
    I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?
    You should go back and get your money back!
    jessie-lia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
    This happend with my hair :)
    To tone down the colour of your blonde highlights is to add a dark browny red hightlight to your hair :confused: you may think this sounds silly but the browny red colour counteracts the blonde making it less ' in your face '

Kind Reguards
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 11:35 PM

These answers are wrong!! Go back2ur salon! All you need is a toner to cancel some of that gold! Wich in fact is going to be a violet based toner! See purple and yellow cancel each other out resulting in a neutral! And as far as fading it goes? It won't fade! Highlights are the removal of pigment from the hairshaft! Therefore there is no way possible it could fade! There is no pigment2fade! Hair fades when a darker shade is applied over a lighter shade! However going lighter as I said removes color pignment! It won't fade! Call your salon and get a toner! Should be free if its withen a few days of your original service!
    badhairday1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
    I got my hair lighted /low lighted(new hairdresser - mine moved!) on Thursday. It turned out white - so I went back today. She applied a gloss to turn the white buttery yellow. My whole head is now the color of \my low lights. Not happy. I had ANOTHER hairdresser there add some additional highlights. It's a tad bit better but I'm still darker than I've ever been. It ages me and I'M SO UNHAPPY. Now that I've done all this - how long do I have to wait to get it fixed and WHAT DO I DO. It's shiny and healthy - but NOT the right color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

Dark blonde to brown [ 6 Answers ]

My natural hair color is a darker blonde. In January of this year I went to a stylist and had them dye my hair a darker brown. I really liked it, but it continually faded/washed out from day one... even though I bought shampoo and conditioner from the stylist for colored hair and I didn't use...

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Brightening blonde highlights and fading dark lowlights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I used to have pretty light blonde hair, mostly from highlights. Today I went to get hightlights and I asked for a golden blonde color instead of just straight bleach. She said because I had such light ends that I should do a highlight and a lowlight. I said OK assuming it would turn out a...

View more questions Search