Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkosbab Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Trying to change child exchange location
    I moved from Gainesville, FL to Winter Haven in November 2007. I have been trying to get my former wife to change the exchange point ever since. She knows I can not afford to get a lawyer, because I am still paying for hers from the divorce. Is there paperwork I can file on my own to the court system to get this changed?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 07:22 PM

You can try to do it yourself, but if it requires her to drive further to meet the original court order, I wouldn't hold your breath.

You moved by choice... its not your ex's problem and a court is unlikely to order more requirements on her unless you can nail down a solid reason for the move.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

You decided to move, and now you have to move further. What is the issue, I doubt you can get them to move the point unless the other parent will just agree

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to change panel box location in service upgrade because old one has only inches to I [ 7 Answers ]

4 electricians gave estimates to upgrade a service box from 100 to 200 amps. Only one felt that the new panel should definitely be moved because the old one is smaller and sits up against the gas meter piping on one side and the corner of the garage on the other, leaving only inches around the...

How do I get a legal name change for childwhen biological fathers location is unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I moved 8 hours away 7.5 months pregnant. My divorce was final when my child was 7 months old. At about 10 months I went to the state my ex lives in. My divorce decree said if my child was in that state I had to notify him we were coming. I brought her to meet him where he saw my child for about...

How to change dryer vent location [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a Kenmore HE2Plus, the dryer is vented to the back. What needs to be done to switch it to a side vent? Thanks in advance!

Child support for Rotary Exchange Students [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daugter whom I have physical custody of. She spent the past year in Ecuador as a Rotary Exchange student. The New York State family court ruled in my exhusbands favor to cut out child support while she attended her senior year of high school there. She left my home in August and I lost...

Change drain location for New Whirlpool Installation [ 1 Answers ]

My project involves removing an existing 5 foot by 28 inch wide bath tub and installing in its place a 6 foot by 36 inch whirlpool. I have check out all the details and I have the room needed to fit the tub and do the installation properly and also handle the electrical. However I am a novice when...

View more questions Search