Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smitty673 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Why would my heat pump run all day without bring up the heat in my house?
    Why would my heat pump take a long time to heat my house
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Heat pumps do not work well when the temperature gets below about 35 degrees. Usually there is another heat source that takes over when the heat pump fails to keep the house warm. Electric is the usual source but gas and oil are also used. Now I am not saying that your heat pump is working good since I am not there to test it so if you feel the heat pump is not working up to its maximum capacity then you should call for On Site service and have it checked out.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 06:13 PM

What is your second /backup heat/type furnace,, maybe its not doing its part of the job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Hvac heat pump with aux/em heat- NO AUX HEAT [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to install Honeywell 7500d thermostat. I get heat pump heat but no emergency heat although the termostate is calling for it. The installation manual says to see authorized agent if I have a dual 0/b on existing thermostat and another wire is attached to common. As of now, I have ...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Heat Pump not heating house -fan is running [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Ruud heat pump that is 12-13years old & as of the last few days, it does not seem to be heating the house very well but it has been very cold for this part of the country. It works well when the outside temp is above 50 degrees. It has been in the upper 30's and low 40's. We put on the...

View more questions Search