Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xejsx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Cost Of Home Schooling
    Hello I was just wondering how much it will cost for a 13 year old in the UK to be home schooled because my family is thinking about it, but were not sure if it will cost too much. Please let me know as soon as possible

De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xejsx View Post
    Hello i was just wondering how much it will cost for a 13 year old in the UK to be home schooled because my family is thinking about it, but were not sure if it will cost to much. Please let me know as soon as possible

We're from across the pond, and we took the inexpensive route. I'd say, approximately $100 per child per year.

The $100 consist mostly of second hand books and materials. But also some educational excursions to museums and state parks.

There are, in the United States, several organizations which provide curriculums, books and more technical and technological equipment. For a proportionately higher price of course. They range from the low hundreds to the thousands of dollars.

I assume the same type of organizations exist overseas.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    xejsx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 02:15 PM
    You gave me the cost of home schooling in united states... I would like to know how much it would be for a 13 year old to be home schooled in england(uk)

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 07:42 PM

There are dozens of various types of programs, your parents need to review the so many different programs and find what they life.

There is no one set cost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home schooling bad? [ 8 Answers ]

Is home schooling a bad thing?

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search