Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berniebike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:17 AM
    Goodman furnace blower not kicking in
    Model is gmp075-3.. worked fine until today.
    I cleaned the flame sensor and that seems to work.
    The gas ignites and all seems good but the bottom blower motor doesn't spin, just humms.
    Could it be burnt out?there was a foul smell noticed by someone else here.
    Its o zegrees here.any good advice?maybe where the fan limiter switch is located and what it looks like?could that be the problem or probably the motor?
    Semi handy but electrically unept as in no clue on cheecking voltage etc etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 05:59 AM
    If it is the main blower motor that moves air in your home you are talking about and you smelled askril (that nasty burning smell from hot windings) then the motor is probably bad and will need to be replaced.

Jan 17, 2009, 04:18 PM

Turned out to be the blower motor.
    Thanks for any replys
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 05:23 PM

Glad you got it fixed. Make sure the capacitor for motor is also replaced with the motor. Make sure to keep filters clean to help avoid this problem in the future.

Jan 17, 2009, 05:28 PM

Yes the tech did replace the capicitor.he even brought it up and said I wouldn't want to call him a few weeks later to do it then.
    Thanks
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 05:47 PM

Good to hear, you should be all set, stay warm.

Lee
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Glad you got it running especially in this weather.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace with loud blower fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved to a new home with a Goodman furnace. It seems to function well, but there is excessive wind noise coming through the ducts. Is there any way to quiet down this system? Closing the vent ducts just makes it nosier. It is hard to sleep at night when the furnace kicks on.

Blower on goodman furnace will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

We have a goodman gas furnace and the blower will not turn off when the temperature reaches setting. Air conditiong unit will turn on and off properly but the fan on furnace stays on constantly. Any way to remedy this?

Goodman furnace blower recalls? [ 1 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace blower is making noise like a freight train. I have been told the blower has a recall on it. Have you heard of that? Otherwise, it has been functioning very satisfactorily. Thanks, H

Why is my blower to my englander wood furnace keep kicking on every 20 seconds ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Englander add on furnace model 28-3500 which is supposed to heat 3000 sq ft. it is hooked to the ductwork and does have a thermostat.. but it seems the blower kicks on constantly ever 15 seconds.. even when the house is warm.. (but my foyer is always cold). I just don't want this part to...

View more questions Search