Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshBash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
    I messed up my birth control
    Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking active pills for almost a week before I realized what I did. I only realized it because I was almost a week late for my period. So what do I do? Stop taking them until I have a period? When should I start to worry whether I'm pregnant? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ash Bash
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 29, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Ash,

First thing you need to do is stop having sex for the next 30 days if you do not want to be pregnant.

You should begin your "inactive" pills for the length of time prescribed then begin to take the "active" pills when the others are gone. Just like you would if you did not mess up.

You should take a HPT to make sure you are not pregnant if the "inactive" pills fail to start a period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search