Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Is God your friend or a parental figure?
    Is God a parent or a friend to you? Does he laugh with you while allowing you to exercise free will or does He watch your every move, looking for sin and lack of respect for His teachings? Why?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 12:52 AM
    simoneaugie,
    God is both a parental figure and friend to me.
    Like my earthly father he is both.
    Why? Because I want Him to be and I believe He wants be to feel that way about him.
    I get that feeling from reading about Him in the bible.
    And...
    He answers my prayers and I believe that twice He has saved my life.
    Most recently was 2 years ago this month when I went into major surgry with a bad heart.
    I had a colostomy done and my changes of surviving were not good at all.
    In fact the doctors told me that they almost lost me twice on the operating table.
    One of them said that it was a miracle that I cam through it at all but that it needed to be done or I would not have survided at all.
    I hope you feel blessed for I often pray for everyone here on aslmehelpdesk.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jan 16, 2009, 01:01 AM

I am a parent!
    I think that being a parent includes being a friend.I have my eyes on my son all the time in case he fells let's say!When he fells do I shout at him or punish him?No,I go to him and help him stand again.When he does something funny , I laugh , when he does something smart , I am happy,when I try to teach him ,I have patience,when he gets cranky my patience is being really tested.
    I am not perfect in my ways but God is!He is everything as His name indicates.He says EHYEH ASHER EHYEH which means I AM THAT I AM !
    If He is so for His children , so must we try to be for ours.

Jan 16, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    simoneaugie,
    God is both a parental figure and friend to me.
    Like my earthly father he is both.
    Why? Because I want Him to be and I believe He wants be to feel that way about him.
    I get that feeling from reading about Him in the bible.
    and...
    He answers my prayers and I believe that twice He has saved my life.
    Most recently was 2 years ago this month when I went into major surgry with a bad heart.
    I had a colostomy done and my changes of surviving were not good at all.
    In fact the doctors told me that they almost lost me twice on the operating table.
    One of them said that it was a miracle that i cam through it at all but that it needed to be done or I would not have survided at all.
    I hope you feel blessed for I often pray for everyone here on aslmehelpdesk.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Hallelujah
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 07:54 AM

God is my father. Jesus is my friend. He walks beside me and we talk. Sometimes he is carrying me because I can no longer walk and carry all the burdens too. Sometimes we simply sit and talk. Other times he talks and I listen. Sometimes I talk and he listens. We even sometimes have discussions about what I should or should not be doing. Guess what? He always wins those discussions.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 10:51 PM
    adam7gur,
    Yes,.
    Hallelujah
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the heartfelt answers. I now have a feeling for your relationship with God. God is pretty much the same for me.

Why do people fight about religion and doctrines while God remains: "I Am That I Am"?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 11:30 PM

As any father he is both.

Loving my accomplishments and laughing with my joy,suffering with my pain and even laughing at my stupid mistakes.

Does he laugh at my big mistakes,I don't think so but when I drop the Christmas ham on the floor and I laugh I think he's the one that helped me to laugh.

Without him I know I would not have as much tolerance and I know he has ultimate tolerance of me.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 11:56 PM
    simoneaugie,
    I really wish that I could answer you question well.
    "Why do people fight about religion and doctrines while God remains: "I Am That I Am"?" Bu sadly, I can not.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
    artlady,
    I'm very happy for you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Jan 17, 2009, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post

Why do people fight about religion and doctrines while God remains: "I Am That I Am"?
    Maybe because WE ARE NOT WHAT WE ARE !
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7gur View Post
    Maybe because WE ARE NOT WHAT WE ARE !
    Man was created in the image of God, right? So what are we?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:55 PM
    To some, God is a friend.

St. Teresa of Avila, the great Spanish mystic, was knocked off her donkey while crossing a stream. "God", she said, "is this how you treat your friends?". "That is how I show my love", God replied. "Then that's why you have so few friends", the saint replied in exasperation.

True friends can say anything to their friends.

Jan 19, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Man was created in the image of God, right? So what are we?
    It is written.. John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:38 PM
    simoneaugie,
    The image of God we were created in is not that we look like Him.
    He is a spirit
    We do have a spirit, soul given from Him.
    Also we have free will as He does and the ability to imagine and create
    Added to that is the ability to have emotions like love and hate, to be glad and sad.
    I believe that is the image of God we were created in.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Is God a parent or a friend to you? Does he laugh with you while allowing you to exercise free will or does He watch your every move, looking for sin and lack of respect for His teachings? Why?
    Just for a different perspective on parents, neither of my parents watched my every move or looked for sin or lack of respect for their teachings. I did not think of them as friends, but they certainly allowed me an enormous amount of free will. I was eager to please my mother and liked to follow her rules. After she died, I was not so happy with my father's rules, but I never tried to escape doing the chores he assigned me.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:49 PM
    asking,
    Thanks for sharing that with us.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

How can my friend give me full parental rights w/o adoption? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old, I live in Texas, and I have a friend that is pregnant - due Sept 2008. She has one child already, but wants to sign over full parental rights to me for the one she is currently carrying. I have talked to a lawyer about adoption but he says he doubts I would qualify because I am...

Trying to figure out this movie for a friend [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie about a little boy who is dreaming that he is a mouse and there is a rooster who has lost his crow. So the rooster, the mouse and a bunch of others are trying to find it but at the end there is a flood and the mouse is dying and all the others are telling him to crow so the...

View more questions Search