Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chickyDEE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2003, 12:14 AM
    Car accident
    I was in a car accident about a week ago.. Both cars have been ridden off. The other car was speeding and spun my car about . I have been to hospital for spinal checks.. And have been having muscle spasming and panic attacks thinking I was going paralyzed when I felt tingling in my feet. I have had X-rays and have been checked out as being OK.. But have bruises and pulled soft tissue in my neck. I have been told that I am so very lucky that we all escaped with little injuries and that my car saved my life as it’s a safe little car with side intrusions.. It was side impact and I was the driver. Since the accident I have been getting a lot of flash backs and have found it hard to sleep... The sound of the bang on first impact won't go away. I was given medication to help with my panic attacks.. But they did more harm than good.. And made me feel more depressed as I was due for the next tablet. I have had to deal with all this while starting a new course at uni.. And living away from my parents.. I am only 18. My car was 1 month old.. Worth 30 000 dollars . Since coming home my parents have been so very good.. But my sister has reacted weird not even showing any affection or care towards me.. I find this most upsetting. Every day I get reminders of my accident when seeing a car like mine.. And at night I have terrible nightmares. Its effecting my studying and I feel I can't concentrate anymore. I don't know how to explain all this to my parents who have enough problems as it is with insurance companies ringing up all the time and organising stuff. They care for me and have looked after me well.. But I just can't get rid of those images and the fright! What should I do !
    divastar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2003, 10:01 PM
    car accident
    I'm hoping this isn't too late, as I've just signed up for this service.
    The best thing I'd suggest (if you are still suppressing / dealing with these issues) is to seek the aid of a social worker. Make sure that their name has "LSCW" at the end. They specialize in helping others overcome issues due to traumatic experiences. And what it sounds like you have is a moderate case of post-traumatic stress disorder.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident with out insurance on my name [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was driving my mechanics vehicle as my car was in repair with him. I have a valid license and my mechanic's vehicle which I am driving is also insured but It does not have insurance on my name . I have insurance on my own car. I just hit a car though I slammed the brake . It was raining...

Workplace accident [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a law that an accident report must be filled out when someone falls at work? Three people have fallen in my workplace now in the last 5 months because of water or soup on floor (I work in a restaurant). The one girl hit her head pretty hard but employer says he does not make out accident...

Car Accident Settlement [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a car accident and in May 14, 2006 will be the limit to file. I've been working with the insurance company and they want to settle for 13,500. $6,762.75 in what they claim are medical cost and 6,500.00 for my pain and suffering. My medical cost comes out to 14,000, milage @1,095.26. I...

Auto Accident In Ny [ 4 Answers ]

Scenario: Woman takes prescription medicine before driving. She later dozes off at the wheel and wrecks rental car. She admits to the cop she fell asleep.She is not charged with driving while impaired and goes and seeks medical care from her doctor for her injuries. She has now been told the...

Car Accident [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband Was Involved In An Auto Accident In November 2004 - He Didn't See A Doctor Until December 2004 - Per The Insurance Company He Should Have Seen A Doctor Sooner - Is That Right? Once The Insurance Company Has The Case Open - How Long Does He Have To Settle?

View more questions Search