Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cabaleria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Kenmore washing machine won't spin
    Why won't my washing machine spin? Is it an easy fix?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2009, 11:47 AM

Need more info. Complete model number would be helpful
    anotherbri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 12:00 PM

It could just be the belt. You need to open it up in the rear, near the bottom and look for the belt.
    phil828 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
    It sounds like the clutch. If you are handy it is not a hard fix. The part can be purchased at a sears service center, And most sears will let you borrow repair Manuel. First see if the drum spins when empty. You open lid ,set timer to spin and manually hold down the lid contact. If spins then it is the clutch. Hope this helped. Phil
    phil828 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 12:41 PM

You can also go to Sears parts direct .com By fixing this yourself you could save about $100 to$150
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 07:00 PM

CABALERIA- there are about 7 reasonsfor having this problem, the belt or transmission are only 1 of them, here is a list of the reasons;; #1Wash load unbalanced or overloaded::#2- LID safety switch- nout of adjustment or switch is defective.#3- drive belt slipping ,loose,or broken;; #4-basketjammedby clothing caught underneath
    It;; #5-Spin solenoid faulty ;#6-washing machine draining poorly;;#7- Timer is defective:: THESE ARE THE REASONS:: IF YOU NEED HELP GOING THREW THE TESTING OF THE ONES YOU HAVE TO TEST WITH A (VOLT-OHM METER) LET ME KNOW < GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Kenmore washing machine does not spin [ 2 Answers ]

I have a model 11.20422990 washing machine and it will not spin. I can hear a loud noise that sounds like the motor might not be working. I would appreciate if someone could give me some advice or a great website. Thanks:)

Kenmore washing machine spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cylce but when it reaches the spin cycle the water will drain out but will not spin out. I did replace the motor isolation cupling, but that did not take care of the problem. I'm thinking that the control magnet could be the culprit. Any thoughts?? LAJ

View more questions Search