Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Sewer smell in office
    We have been living in a house for 8 months. The wet bar was converted to an office. In the last two days, we've called in a plumber twice to snake the pipes which were stopped up. Now the smell in the office is almost unbearable. What could be the cause?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 07:13 PM

Did you run new water into the drain to refill the trap? If so call him back, he should be garrantying his first job, hope you didn't pay for job #2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All my toilets smell like a sewer! Sewer backed up? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a problem and was hoping for some guidance... lately all of my toilets have been smelling really bad. We have 3 toilets in the house, 2 full baths on the upper level, and a powder room on the main. The main bath on the upper level is the worse of the 3. It doesn't get...

Sewer Smell after Sewer Hookup [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Following hookup to the new sewer line (previously had septic system), my downstairs bathroom has a noxious sewer smell. I believe there is a faint smell upstairs too. The sewer line has an electric pump with an alarm. I called the installers and they said they did everything correctly and...

Sewer smell when washing clothes and metal smell in water [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved in a Lease to own house and after one month there is now a smell of sewer when washing clothes. The smell in the water has been here since day one and we are in the process of testing the well water. Can anyone help? I think we have a septic tank since we are on well water but the...

Sewer gas in office [ 1 Answers ]

I work in an old storefront barbershop. The office is connected through a back room to a larger building with other offices. When it rains, it is very windy or sometimes simply overcast we get the nastiest smelling sewer gas smell coming from the back room (I think, at least that is where is...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

View more questions Search