Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    postenoell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Plumbing sewer line
    We purchased some property in Snowflake Arizona that has a bunk house. The plumbing was not completed for the bathroom toilet or sink. There will be no other plumbing. We currently do have a septic and well. We would like to run the pipe that is cut off just outside the house and then masked over. What is the grade we should trench to the sewer line to the septic?

Thank you for your assistance.

Ginny
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Hi Ginny,
    The slope/grade will be 1/4" to the foot. In other words a 4' run will have 1" of fall. Don't forget to vent the sink. Venting the sink will take care of the toilet and if you wish to add a slower connect the shower drain to the sink drain and you will have vented the entire group. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New sewer and water line installation [ 6 Answers ]

I have a piece of property that has an existing mobile home on it. I'm having a new mobile home moved onto it this weekend for my mother-in-law. The property has public water and sewer. I am going to be running water and sewer lines for the new home from new taps that the utility company will...

P-trap to outside sewer line [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing an above ground swimming pool and have been told by the city that we must install a permanent drain line / p-trap to the sewer lines. My husband called a plumber and thought he understood what he needed to do. Now the plumber has come to the house and said it is done all wrong...

Sewer line vent [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all the sewer line in my home. The only way to flush toilet is to unhook drian line to upstair sink to get it to flush. Otherwise toilet back up and then very slowly drains. Does this mean the vent is plugged? My line also goes into s septic tank.

Sewer line problem [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a new old house (in Madison WI). The house sits at roughly the top of a hill. Shortly after moving in, I noticed that sewage seemed to have backed up through the floor drain in the basement. I cleaned up around the floor drain and for a while nothing more happened. Then I noticed...

Sewer odor AFTER plumbing work done [ 11 Answers ]

We replaced our sink in tha fall and had trouble with it backing up all the time. We called a plumber and he rerouted our sink to the pipe in the basement that the washing machine is connected to. The old pipe was then removed and capped off. Soon after this we began having a serew odor in...

View more questions Search