Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questioning Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Studying fulltime on F1 while green card is in process.
    Hi Guru(s),

I am currently working as a full time employee on H1B visa status (its valid for next 5 years). I plan to file for green card through my current employer in 2009. Meanwhile I also plan to join full time MBA course next year in 2010. If my employer supports me with my further studies and sanctions a 2 year leave or gives me an offer letter to re-join after 2 years, can I move from H1B to F1. And after my studies move from F1 to H1 and join same employer? Important concern being, the green card process is not affected and it remains valid. I have searched lot of threads online but could not find a complete/direct answer. Look forward for your guidance.

Thanks in advance for your valued suggestions/views.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Questioning Guy View Post
    Hi Guru(s),

I am currently working as a full time employee on H1B visa status (its valid for next 5 years). I plan to file for green card through my current employer in 2009. Meanwhile I also plan to join full time MBA course next year in 2010. If my employer supports me with my further studies and sanctions a 2 year leave or gives me an offer letter to re-join after 2 years, can I move from H1B to F1. And after my studies move from F1 to H1 and join same employer? Important concern being, the green card process is not affected and it remains valid. I have searched lot of threads online but could not find a complete/direct answer. Look forward for your guidance.

Thanks in advance for your valued suggestions/views.
    You must remain on H-1 during green card precedures... No F-1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card is expired during the naturalization process [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am in the middle of naturalization process, just waiting for my oath ceremony. I applied for the citizenship since Feb of 2007 as soon as I turned 18. My Green card just expired in Aug. 15, 2008. Right now, I am just waiting for my oath ceremoney. And there is no point for me to...

Obtaining a Green card process questions [ 2 Answers ]

To Whom It May Concern: My Boyfriend is a citizen of Spain and currently lives there, but would like to obtain residency in the United States. He is coming at the end of September to the United States to file any papers that he...

Green Card Process [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in USA on H1b Visa and came here in 2006. So I have visa till 2009 and one extension till 2012. I have married to a Girl who is Green Card Holder and got Green Card in May 2006. Now what is the best option for me to file a Green Card. Through my Employer or through my Wife. Or Can I apply...

View more questions Search