Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheIceVampire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Playstation 3 external hard drive game utility file transfers
    I've connected a 500GB external hard drive to my 40GB PS3 and can transfer files back and forth from it, but how do I transfer actual game utility back and forth or downloaded games. I can only seem to delete them or do a whole system backup. Is there anyway to pick what to transfer or am I going to have to install a new internal hard drive.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 01:18 PM

To use an external USB hard-drive as a part of the system hard drive (to save game data, demos etc) you have to follow very specific steps and create the same folder names found on the PS3 internal hard drive.

The link below can guide you on that.

How to Add an External Hard Drive to a PlayStation 3 - wikiHow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a western digital 500 gb external hard drive with only one usb port and no firewire. I have two other external hard drives with firewire and usb ports. I need to transfer data from the two old external hard drives to the new western digital external hard drive. Could there be any...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

What up, I just purchased a new PC and I would like to know if I upload all my music and pictures on the PC, will I be able to transfer all info to an external hard drive if I purchase one months down the road? Appreciate the help and Happy Holidays to all!

Need a non-USB external hard drive [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to utilize an old (read: OLD) Thinkpad to play .mp3's on my home stereo. Problem is, the laptop doesn't have a USB port. Are there (ok, were there) ext h-d's that weren't USB dependent, or do I need to find a USB flash card?

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

View more questions Search