Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MammaJay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Custody of my siblings
    Hi I'm in the uk and just wanted to ask if it is possible for me to get full custody of my sister and my mums unborn child as she doesn't know the father to either of them and I already look after my sister 24/7 and my sister even calls me mum and my boyfriend dad and my son bro and I'm having another baby myself in June and I know my mum can not look after these children as she left me when I was born with my grandparents and I'm 20 now and in really good relationship and my sister is really great and intelegent for her age and I worrie if my mum takes her away she will have a bad life like I did any info would be great thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 05:42 PM

Im not up on the specifics of your country but a lot of times the laws are almost the same. So long as your mom agrees then your could adopt. If its like here ( U.S. ) then your going to need to be married for a years time ( average ) and be stable. As far as a unborn child you can't really do anything until the child is born. At such a time she could give the child up for adoption. Again check with your local barrister.
    Adoption Information Line- www.adoption.org.uk, The Adoption Web Site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

Inheritance and siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has terminal cancer and I would like to know since my brothers do not want the home what can I do to put my husband and I on the deed?

Desperate need of custody of siblings! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and in college in Norfolk, Virginia. I have 2 biological sisters and 5 half siblings. My step dad is very abusive and lately my mom has been very ill and has been instructing me in what to do if something bad happens to her, as in how to use her food stamp card, WIC, child support, etc. If...

Moms' daughter wants custody of siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has recently devorced my father. Myself and my siblings feel nither parent is capable or sane, and should not get custody. I am oldest of the kids, my sister 19, my brother 16, also have a 12 year-old and 8 year-old. Is there a way for an adult daughter to get custody of my other...

View more questions Search