Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Most dogs will thrive on most chows. There are a few dogs that will have trouble on one brand or another. No wonder the lady at the pet store was surprised to hear chicken and rice was a problem, because dogs normally do fine on it.

Cesar? The Anti-Cesar Millan / Ian Dunbar's been succeeding for 25 years with lure-reward dog training; how come he's been usurped by the flashy, aggressive TV host?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 31, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman View Post
    Most dogs will thrive on most chows. There are a few dogs that will have trouble on one brand or another. No wonder the lady at the pet store was surprised to hear chicken and rice was a problem, because dogs normally do fine on it.

Cesar? The Anti-Cesar Millan / Ian Dunbar's been succeeding for 25 years with lure-reward dog training; how come he's been usurped by the flashy, aggressive TV host?
    I have heard of Mr. Dunbar, and I agree that his techniques also work. He is very knowledgeable. Although, I guess we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to the Anti-Cesar campaign. I've had great success with Cesar's methods of teaching. I love dogs, and I would do anything for my Niki, and she knows it. She behaves very well, and is a very happy dog, and I have taught her with Cesars methods. She understands her commands, and basically just understands my body language. She is a very well behaved and loving dog, as well as other dogs I've had.

There is always going to be more than one opinion on which method works best, but I really dislike the Anti-Cesar movement that is going on. Yes he's "Hollywood," but I don't think that because a network decided to do his show, makes him any less qualified than an englishman with a bunch of Phd's. Anyone that has studied Cesars ways, understands that he knows that he is dealing with domesticated dogs, and not wild wolves. However, he is dealing with primal instincts.

I don't have a problem with someone else that has a different method at all. If it works for them, then that's great! I do recommend Cesars methods, because I've always used them, and they've never failed me. If someone else has a different method, well I'll listen to that too. I do however, have a problem when someone says their way is the only way. I'm open to anyone's techniques, but if anyone asks me, I will just what has worked for me, and that is the way Cesar does it. We give advice here, and I think it's a good thing to have all different methods of solving our problems.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 11:11 AM

WELL its official there is now an album with rebel in it so you all can see what he looks like :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting weird [ 2 Answers ]

Help, my cat has recently started acting different. It started the other night. One minute she was fine, and then all of the sudden she kinda "freaked out" and started running around crazy and now she is hiding under covers. She acts like she has fleas or something, but the vet said she does not....

Dog acting weird [ 3 Answers ]

My dog started walking sideways and rolling his eyes in his head... What do u think might of happened to him?

My cat is acting weird [ 2 Answers ]

hello =] Well, I have a 3 year old cat who has been acting verrry strange lately. For about a week she's been sleeping almost non-stop, she barely eats or uses the litter box. She won't even open her eyes when I go up to her while she's on my moms bed. We don't know what to do.. any advice?

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search