Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawad_babar Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2009, 06:36 AM
    Radiator corrosion - how to prevent?
    My car's radiator is corroded. The coolant water inside has changed color to light brown and I am worried that with the passage of time corrosion will increase and will cause the radiator to leak one day.
    How to prevent it? What to add the water to stop corrosion?
    Will appreciate workable solutions / suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Jawad.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 06:55 AM

Electrolysis may be destroying the antifreeze. Attach additional grounding straps to the radiator. Also, be sure to only use the recommended antifreeze and distilled water:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1365453

It would be prudent to change the coolant now.
    FRANKANATOR Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:26 AM
    If your having electrolysis or elec. Caused by acidic coolant both of which cause stray electrical currant to flow though your vehicles coolant. It is very hard to detect, fix etc.
    It is an evergrowing problem in the radiator industry (which is what I do and have done my entire life) using tap , city or well water is a deffinate no no, bad grounds on car or truck add on equipment are sources as well and can be very hard to detect. Exp. For the do it yourselfer
    1-DO NOT ATTACH GROUND TO RADIATOR BY DOING SO THE ELECTRIC FLOW IS DRAWN TO THE GROUND AND DEFECT IS EXPEDITED
    2- flushing is correct using distilled water upon refill
    3-check grounds use volt meter all very difficult something as simple as a trailer caould cause and never be detected because at time of test trailer not attached
    4- I patented the fix and I can't fix every car , educate every consumer, BUT I CAN FIX EVERY RADIATOR
    Stay tuned to electrostopper.com for updates and date of release this is going to be industry changing as alternative fuel hybrids come to market you will see an even bigger problem until my product is in use globally
    Hope this helps
    FRANKANATOR Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:35 AM
    I respect your knowledge I'm letting you know gm said the same thing to put ground to radiator then 3 months later advised not to do that. This is the basis of what my product was built on
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Corrosion? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people Can any one tell me something about Corrosion and its Main types? How we can prevent it? Thanks Your's Shanas

Diffrence between rusting and corrosion [ 2 Answers ]

What is diffrence between rusting and corrosion?

Cast ironpipe corrosion [ 7 Answers ]

I have cast iron pipes in the basement that are oozing some sort of foamy substance on the top that gets hard after awhile. I am also noticing water dripping from the spots which are located on top of the pipe. Can you help? Tom

View more questions Search