Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Decorative molding
    I bought some chair rail moldings the other day I really like, but after looking closely at it, one edge is rounded. :confused:
    I searched to find installed pix, but no luck. I haven't put it up yet, and I'll be placing this up against a flat 4.5" backer board for a dining room chair rail project.
    So wood trim pro's,. which way is up?

I've attached a link to the molding type I'll be using.

Custom Millwork: We offer a complete catalog of chair rails, bar rails and hand rails in different woods and finishes.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Jan 15, 2009, 11:12 AM

Usually chair rails are installed with the thicker side 'up'. For your moulding, I don't think there is a right or wrong way. Perhaps hold a piece up on the wall and see if you have a preference?

I assume you're not putting any panels underneath it? If you were, I'd have the round side down and dado out the panel width underneath the first round part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Decorative Rope Lighting [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if there is a Female-to-Male connector made for HB Decorative Rope lighting? I need to connect (3) pieces of HB Rope lighting together but I have windows between each rope light set. The HB rope lights have a F-M connector on opposite ends and can be connected when directly...

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Replacing decorative bath faucet handles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a jaccuzzi tub that is fairly new but the vertical teeth inside the large chrome on brass handle (which are plastic) that grab the stem have stripped. It is apparently one of the more difficult stems to match. I have not been succesfull locally. I think it would be classified at or near a...

Single Alabaster Light Kit With Decorative Leaf [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a Single Alabaster Light Kit With Decorative Leaf for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan Model Antiqua. Can you please tell me shere I can find this item? Thanks, TOm MIller:)

Brick paver on top of sealed, decorative concrete [ 3 Answers ]

I am about to start laying a brick paver walkway, part of which will be going on top of an existing, decorative, sealed concrete patio. Can I mortar the outer most bricks directly to the concrete and then fill in the remaining pavers or is there a better way? Will the morter hold?

View more questions Search