Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aspireE Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2009, 02:30 AM
    I do not believe that to be true. Sex is a way of expressing how much you care or love somebody. If you think the only outcome of sex is getting pregnant, you're wrong. Sure sometime protection does not work, but most of the time it does. I respect that it is not for everybody, but for those who it is, leave them be, its not going to kill you, its good, enjoy it.
    secret_123 Posts: 52, Reputation: -7

Jan 22, 2009, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aspireE View Post
    I do not believe that to be true. sex is a way of expressing how much you care or love somebody. if you think the only outcome of sex is getting pregnant, you're wrong. sure sometime protection does not work, but most of the time it does. I respect that it is not for everybody, but for those who it is, leave them be, its not going to kill you, its good, enjoy it.
    I agree totally! Sex is a way of showing someone that you trust and love them, shaw u don't have to have sex to show that, but its somehing two people can share with a lot of meaning. You said that really well.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 22, 2009, 08:03 AM
    I do not believe that to be true. sex is a way of expressing how much you care or love somebody. if you think the only outcome of sex is getting pregnant, you're wrong. sure sometime protection does not work, but most of the time it does. I respect that it is not for everybody, but for those who it is, leave them be, its not going to kill you, its good, enjoy it.

Love is definitely a way to express your love for somebody. The only way? No. A smart way for a teenager to show love? No. Sure, the only outcome of sex isn't pregnancy. Did I fail to mention herpes? Chlamydia? HIV?

Jan 22, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Sure, there is the possibility that your could get a STD, STI, but iif you are careful, and make sure that you are clean, then what is the harm in that? Teens these days are becoming a lot more responcible.
    No, sex is not the olny show love, and sure maby its not the best way, but it is still very immportant, not to the fact that everybody should do it, but that the people who feel redy can. Sex should not just be aboout having a child, it is a way of showing compassion, love, caring, if you are doing it with the rite intentions, it can be a very emotional action. It's a bond that olny the 2 closest people can feel. If you think me to be wrong, please say.

Jan 22, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Sure, there is the possibilty that your could get a STD, STI, but iif you are careful, and make sure that you are clean, then what is the harm in that? teens these days are becoming alot more responcible.
    no, sex is not the olny show love, and sure maby its not the best way, but it is still very immportant, not to the fact that everybody should do it, but that the people who feel redy can. sex should not just be aboout having a child, it is a way of showing compassion, love, caring, if you are doing it with the rite intentions, it can be a very emotional action. its a bond that olny the 2 closest people can feel. if you think me to be wrong, please say.
    Yes, sex is not only about having a child. BUT, IT'S A BIG PART OF IT. To be having sex you need to make sure that if you do end up pregnant that you are physically, emotionally, and financially able to support a child.

Jan 22, 2009, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 411Help View Post
    Yes, sex is not only about having a child. BUT, IT'S A BIG PART OF IT. To be having sex you need to make sure that if you do end up pregnant that you are physically, emotionally, and financially able to support a child.
    Ah far out! Its sex. Yeah it can lead to other bad stuff only if your not carful ENOUGH. 411 you obv made some mistake to get her pregnant, but that's you! That happened to you and its something that you have to deal with. Just because one mistake you made messed with your head doesn't mean that it WILL happen to everyone and that EVERYONE will get a sti or preganant if you have sex. You are the 1 peron out of a zillion million people who will get someone pregnant even though you used proper protection. Yeah it can happen, But I can walk out my door and get shot or hit by a bus but that doiesnt mean ill never go outside and enjoy the sunshine!

Jan 22, 2009, 09:54 PM

Ok, I'm going to rob a bank, I might get caught and get arrested, but, hell, that won't stop me.

Jan 23, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by secret_123 View Post
    ah far out! its sex. yeah it can lead to other bad stuff only if ur not carful ENOUGH. 411 you obv made some mistake to get her preggers, but thats you! that happened to you and its something that you have to deal with. just becuase one mistake you made messed with ur head doesnt mean that it WILL happen to everyone and that EVERYONE will get a sti or preganant if u have sex. u are the 1 peron out of a zillion million people who will get someone pregnant even though u used proper protection. yeah it can happen,. but i can walk out my door and get shot or hit by a bus but that doiesnt mean ill never go outside and enjoy the sunshine!
    , I completaly agree, and think this person I'm completely rite!
    This matter should be left alone, it is a persional opinion, and people should not try 2 force there thoughts on to others.
    CASE CLOSED!!

Jan 23, 2009, 06:40 AM

How is this not relevant? It's something that I'm doing that I'm not suppose to do without fearing the possible ramifications, it's completely relevant.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Jan 24, 2009, 02:14 PM
    , I completaly agree, and think this person im completely rite!!
    this matter should be left alone, it is a persional opinion, and people should not try 2 force there thoughts on to others.
    CASE CLOSED!!!
    I don't think anyone is trying to force anything on anyone else. You are the only ones getting so upset about it, for some reason.

All the OP is doing is offering advice, because he cares about others and doesn't want the same bad things to happen to them. So, show a little respect?

Jan 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxariesxx View Post
    I don't think anyone is trying to force anything on anyone else. You are the only ones getting so upset about it, for some reason.

All the OP is doing is offering advice, because he cares about others and doesn't want the same bad things to happen to them. So, show a little respect?
    Thank you so much.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 02:47 PM
    , I completaly agree, and think this person im completely rite!!
    this matter should be left alone, it is a persional opinion, and people should not try 2 force there thoughts on to others.
    CASE CLOSED!!!
    You don't have to listen to the advice, you don't have to aby by anything that's been said. If you want to learn this lesson the hard way, well, there's very little we can do to stop you.

This is information, accurate information, you either read it, learn, and move on, or you read it, don't learn and come back when something goes wrong, crying "why me?".

The case is not closed, no one is forcing anything on anyone. This is a very informative thread, and if it gets through to just one teen, well, then it's served it's purpose. I realize that teens think they know everything, but the majority don't know anything about what the real world is all about. 411help has lived through this, as have many other people on this site. He's sharing an experience that may just prevent someone else from having to go through the same thing. So, show some respect!

I applaud this young man (411help) for sharing a very painful part of his life with us, that wasn't easy I'm sure.

Jan 25, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 411Help View Post
    Ok, I'm going to rob a bank, I might get caught and get arrested, but, hell, that wont stop me.
    But gee lets see. The chances of getting caught robbing a bank is a hell of a lot higher than the chances of getting someone pregnant if your careful and use protection and do everything right. Yeah you pair had an accident, but don't try too "help" others by forcing your veiws on others. Yeah you had a rough trot, but that was your life, your mistake and your problem. The chances of that happening is so slim so why live in fear for ever?

Jan 25, 2009, 04:16 AM

I'm not forcing my views on anybody. Also, I would love to see where you are getting your statistics. I'm not wasting anymore time on your insolent behavior.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Jan 25, 2009, 04:21 AM
    But gee lets see. the chances of getting caught robbing a bank is a hell of a lot higher than the chances of getting somone pregnant if ur careful and use protection and do everyting right. yeah u pair had an accident, but dont try too "help" others by forcing ur veiws on others. yeah u had a rough trot, but that was ur life, ur mistake and ur problem. the chances of that happening is so slim so why live in fear for ever?
    Obviously you're just here to make trouble. NO ONE is forcing anything on you. You came here, you read this and commented - all of your own free will. So if you're going to say anything, at least have it be somewhat reasonable and intelligent, because you're only making yourself look foolish.

Jan 25, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxariesxx View Post
    Obviously you're just here to make trouble. NO ONE is forcing anything on you. You came here, you read this and commented - all of your own free will. So if you're going to say anything, at least have it be somewhat reasonable and intelligent, because you're only making yourself look foolish.
    Lol you mob overreact so bad its really funny. I don't agree with you and I explain what you say and prove you wrong and you don't like it so you say I'm not-intelligent. Funny as! Catchas

Jan 25, 2009, 10:47 AM

I have a simple solution for this. Unsubscribe to the thread.
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 11:15 AM
    But gee lets see. the chances of getting caught robbing a bank is a hell of a lot higher than the chances of getting somone pregnant if ur careful and use protection and do everyting right. yeah u pair had an accident, but dont try too "help" others by forcing ur veiws on others. yeah u had a rough trot, but that was ur life, ur mistake and ur problem. the chances of that happening is so slim so why live in fear for ever?
    Secret, chat speak is not allowed on this site, please use complete words and write in the best english you are capable of. Many of us don't bother reading posts with chat speak, it's time consuming and annoying. Thank you.

As for your post. Even if you're careful and use protection and "do everything right" there is still the chance of pregnancy. Yes, the chance is lower with protection, but not nonexistent like you seem to think. The chances aren't as slim as you seem to think, stick around, go to the teen forum, you'll see.

I think you should unsubscribe from this thread, it's here to help people, not for an argument. If you want to discuss this topic further than feel free to start your own thread, I'm sure you'll get a lot of people coming to tell you what they think and feel.

If you continue to come her to argue I will have to report you.

Thank you.

Jan 25, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Secret, chat speak is not allowed on this site, please use complete words and write in the best english you are capable of. Many of us don't bother reading posts with chat speak, it's time consuming and annoying. Thank you.

As for your post. Even if you're careful and use protection and "do everything right" there is still the chance of pregnancy. Yes, the chance is lower with protection, but not nonexistent like you seem to think. The chances aren't as slim as you seem to think, stick around, go to the teen forum, you'll see.

I think you should unsubscribe from this thread, it's here to help people, not for an arguement. If you want to discuss this topic further than feel free to start your own thread, I'm sure you'll get alot of people coming to tell you what they think and feel.

If you continue to come her to argue I will have to report you.

Thank you.

I'm not arguing, I'm stating my opinion. That's the idea of the thread? If youdont like it, then skip my posts and don't read it. And I idnt say its non-existant, its just not like if evryone has sex they will get pregnant, as you guys seem to think
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 10:25 PM
    im not arguing, im stating my opinion. thats the idea of the thread? if youdont like it, then skip my posts and dont read it. and i idnt say its non-existant, its just not like if evryone has sex they will get pregnant, as you guys seem to think
    You are not stating your opinion, you are stating incorrect information, information that can be harmful to others.

If you want to live you life with you head the sand, fine, I won't stop you, but stop trying to get others to join you in your ignorance.

You said that there is only a chance in a zillion, I can quote you, so don't deny it. That's not true.

Simply put, this is not the place to fight. This thread is about giving teens correct information, not for stating unfounded opinions.

If you have something valid to contribute then we're all ears, if not, then please refrain from posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need a man's perspective. [ 8 Answers ]

I met this really great guy. We went on an AMAZING first date. Picked me up around 3:30 in the afternoon, went to dinner, movie, then he took me out for ice cream. Since it was getting late, we parked in front of my house and sat and talked. Before we knew it it was 2 o'clock in the morning. Time...

Art perspective [ 1 Answers ]

What is it called when an object in a painting seems to move as you walk past it? Is it vanishing point perspective? Lonna

Need a new perspective... [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I'm laying it all on the line in hopes that those of you familiar w/ this type of situation are willing to help me out... this may be long, bear w it! All throughout my five years spent in college I dated the same girl, the one I had been with since our senior year of high school. In that...

Males Perspective Please [ 22 Answers ]

Hello everyone I know some of you remember me as being the one who had been debating if sleeping with a married man was OK... and I never did. Since than we have become good friends and we truly don't communicate with each other as much anymore as well. But hears the problem... the other day I saw...

View more questions Search