Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchellshapiro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:19 PM
    How do I replace the blower motor
    How do I locate and replace the blower motor on my Carrier weathermaker 8000 model # 58ZAV096-12.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Locate motor on unit that needs to be replaced . Remove complete fan housing the cage blower from motor shaft. Then get new motor and replace in the reverse of the removal. Make sure to get a new run capacitor for the new motor. You will need good mechanical and electrical skills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Fan Blower Motor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a 10 year old GMC truck. The blower will operate intermittently. I am assuming the problem is not in the control knobs, etc... but instead I suspect the motor itself is worn out. Can you give me any advice on changing the blower motor? Is it a DIY kind of job? How do I remove...

Do I replace my ac or get a new blower? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Trane furnace that's 90% efficient. It's probably 7-10 years old. It is making a buzzinng sound when the blower comes on for the air conditioning so the ac guy said it needed a new blower and maybe new bearings. If the unit is on the older side - he said it would be around 1000.00 to...

Replace wiper motor [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know where the wiper motor is located on a 2000 ford explorer sport

Ac residential fan motor replace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace my fan blower motor on my janitrol ac unit, but I don't know how to re-wire it. The replacement 220 motor has 4 wires instead of 3 like the old. It has an extra brown wire with a white strip, the old one has one red, one black, and one brown that connects to a 3 post round...

Need to replace combustion air blower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Comfort Air furnace. The "Fasco" combustion air blower is making a noise when starting up and running. I want to replace the whole unit. Does anyone know of a reputable online dealer to buy it from?

View more questions Search